Dec 22, 2015

Best Wine Berry Color Lipstick for the Holiday Season

I wasn't a big fan of bright red lipstick as it takes too much time and effort to apply perfectly. I have recently discovered a very pretty wine color lipstick perfect for the holiday season.



This Chanel lipstick is from their fall 2015 collection. It is in the shade 112 Temeraire. It is a wine berry shade with tiny gold flex in it.


You can see the gold flex in the above picture. It is not noticeable when applied. 

I have only got one other Chanel lipstick which is also a rouge coco shine formula. I love how easy it is to apply. If you are like me, don't like to reapply  with a mirror, you would adore this formula. It is so comfortable on the lips as it is a hydrating lipstick. 


Pigmentation is more on the sheer side, making this application easy. For gals who are intimidated by bold lip colors like me, I highly suggest you try out more hydrating and sheer formula. 


Since it is a hydrating formula, the lasting power is not long. Only last on my lips for 2 hours and I have to reapply. I am lazy so I don't like reapplying non-stop throughout the day. What I do is do a neutral to nude lip liner underneath and apply this on top. This way, when the color fades, I still got some base shade to go by without looking too naked on the lips.



I don't have a whole lot of bright lip shades and I find two other similar ones in my collection. MAC Heaux(from the limited RiRi Rhianna collection in 2013). It is a retro matte formula and even though the color is so pretty, it is a bit drying for my liking. Pigmentation is awesome though, it stays on my lips for 4-5 hours. The other one similar is the Bite Sephora Rouge lipstick from last year I believe. 

Do you have a favorite lip shade for the holidays?






No comments:

Post a Comment