May 24, 2017

May Favorites


I don't do monthly favorites often as when I found a good product, I keep using it month after month. I have discovered a few new products and thought I would share with you guys.

I love a good, gentle exfoliator. Skin Food Rice Mask Wash Off is such a good product. Hudson Bay is carrying the brand now and it is so nice to get more Korean brands at local department stores instead of buying them off Korean websites. This is gentle enough to use almost daily and I use it before I do a deep hydration mask and find it works best that way.

Another Korean product I am loving is the Innisfree Orchid Eye Cream. I am new to trying out products from Innisfree. I love their facial sheet masks and thought their skin care products may also be awesome. I am right about this eye cream. Very hydrating and I usually layer up 2 eye products at night to make sure my eye area is well-hydated. But I only have to use solely this product and is enough.

Too Faced Melted Matte Liquified  in It's Happening. I am loving this liquid lipstick. I got this as a GWP at Sephora and it is a deluxe sample size. It is a vibrant bright pink shade which may scare a lot of people off. It is quite intimidating at first to me as well but the way I apply is dot it on my lips and smack together and use a piece of kleenax or a q-tip to blend it. The shade is much toned-down that way and the color last ALL DAY LONG on my lips and it is not drying my lips. 

Maybelline Colossal Big Shot Mascara* is probably my new favorite drug store mascara. It doesn't weigh my lashes down and really gives my mascara lots of volume but not too dramatic. 

Another drug store gem is Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kaja Eyeliner. I have been loving to tight line my eyes lately and since I used up all my Urban Decay Glide-On eyeliners, I want to try a drug store one and compare. This one is very similar to the Urban Decay one. Stays on and doesn't smudge and it is only a fraction of the price of the UD one. 


I have tried a whole lot of new facial sheet masks in the past few months. One stands out is the GD Fantastic Mask Pack. Each box comes with 5 mask packs. Each pack contains one sheet mask, a one-time-use portion of eye cream and cleanser. When I see celebrity-collaborated products, I don't usually have high hopes for that. But this one is an exception. The texture of the sheet mask is not the thick one and when you apply on your face, it sits close to your face and deliver the essence to your skin much better that way. 

COSRX Acne Pimple Master Patch is my first acne pimple patch. Whenever I get a blemish/pimple, it is not that bad but my problem is it takes a long time for the dark pigmentation to go away. So I thought whenever I see a pimple popping up, I would do anything to stop it from going full-blown so I don't have to deal with the aftermath. COSRX is a well-know Korean skin care brand and this is my first try with the brand. Each pack comes with 24 different-sized patches. I stick a patch on the pimple  after I clean my face at night and in the morning, the pimple size is usually less irritated and less red. 





SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment