May 12, 2017

New Maybelline Products


Maybelline has been one of my favorite drugstore brands. I was sent some products to try out and out of the 5 products, I have only tried the Fit Me Matte and Poreless Foundation. I was sent the right shade which I am very happy about and it will be perfect for the summer. 

  1. Maybelline New York FaceStudio Master Camo Color Correcting Kit*
  2. Maybelline New York FaceStudio Master Strobing Liquid Illuminating Highlighter*
  3. Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless Foundation*
  4. Maybelline Brow Precise Perfecting Highlighter*
  5. Maybelline Colossal Big Shot Mascara*



There are a lot of color correcting kits out there. I mainly use the light salmon shade and the green shade to help with my dark circles and redness around my nose. Not a particular fan of this one though. The shade selection is very good for this kit as I can see myself using all the shades. But the formula is not as creamy as I would prefer. I feel the creamier it is, the better coverage it is. These shades are just too light to the touch and do not do much in terms of correcting any color imperfections.



The Brow Precise Highlighter is a very unique and good concept of applying highlighter to your brows. The slanted-angle tip really help in how precise you want the highlighter to be applied onto your brow bone. However, even though I have oily combo skin, I always have dried skin on my brows. I find this formula to be a bit too powdery. I have to use my fingers to blend it out a bit but find the highlighter got rubbed into tiny crumbs. Not a pretty scene and especially when those crumbs got into my eyes. I suggest to apply moisturizer well onto brow area before using this.

Strobing Liquid Illuminating Highlighter is my favorite product. I like a subtle highlighter and this one is subtle enough but definitely noticeable on the cheeks. I have used this both as a highlighter by dabbing a few dots on top of my cheekbones and also mix it with my foundation to give it a more luminous finish. It is a light pink pearl shade and it is a breeze to blend. 

The mascara is the Colossal Big Shot. I usually only use waterproof formula and the one I am sent is a regular one. I have tested it out but I like to give it a few more days after I opened the tube to really test it out as I like the formula to be a bit drier for my stubborn lashes so it wouldn't weigh them down too much.

Fit Me Matte and Poreless Foundation is a drugstore foundation I have tried before and gave high review. It has great coverage and even though it says matte, as I have oily combination skin, it dries to a semi-matte for my skin. This foundation does not feel heavy at all. I hate wearing foundation all day long with a thick coverage. Feel like my pores are being suffocated but not this one. This one has enough natural coverage but yet still feel light. I don't need the urge to rush home to wash off my face. It is a must for me, especially in the summer months.

Have you tried any of these Maybelline products?



* products were sent by ChickAdvisor Review Club



No comments:

Post a Comment