Sep 23, 2019

Kjaer Weis Makeup

There has been more and more organic makeup and skincare products in the market. These new indy brands emphasize on natural organic ingredients. But it is hard to pick the right products especially these organic makeup products are not as readily available yet and they are pricier. You don't want to spend a lot of money on one product which may or may not fit your skin type and skin tone.

I have been reading reviews on Kjaer Weis. Their products are 100% natural and sustainable. Their ingredients are also certified natural and certified organic. The brand is founded by Danish-born makeup artist Kirsten Kjaer Weis. Her makeup line is a perfect combination of minimalist and luxury.

While I was doing my research online, I came across this Canadian online beauty store: Clementine Fields. They have a wide variety of natural brands and they offer a sample program which I am totally impressed. 

It is easy to find swatches and color shades online but I really want to test out if I am truly satisfied with the products before I commit to buy them full-sized. I am interested in Kjaer Weis cream foundation and blushes and they have the sample program for this brand.


I picked Kjaer Weis Cream Foundation in the shade Silken and 3 cream blushes in the shades: Blossming, Embrace and Reverence.

These samples are CAD $3.50 each and they are packaged in these sturdy sample containers. They are good for about 3-5 uses which is just the right amount to test it out to see if they suit your skin or not.

Kjaer Weis blossiming embrace reverence

The cream foundation is light coverage with a very natural finish. I picked the shade silken which has a yellow undertone and matches my skin tone. I am not sure if I am totally in love with this foundation as the coverage is so light and I still have to apply quite a bit of concealer to cover my blemishes.

The cream blushes are more impressive. I picked 3 shades: Blossiming, Embrace and Reverence. The cream blushes are very pigmented and even the lightest shade: Embrace. The other two shades Blossiming and Reverence are very similar on my cheeks so I am just going to show you guys Blossoming.


With Cream foundation(silken) and Cream Blush(Blossoming)


Cream Blush (Embrace)


 Embrace looks a bit peachy but when it is applied on cheeks, it is a bit pink. With Blossoming and Reverence, it is more of a rosy tone which gives you the look of flushed cheeks after workout. The finish is very natural. How I apply it is put on my BB cushion foundation, apply a bit of setting powder and then dab the cream blushes on my cheeks. Since it is a cream blush, I dab it with my fingers and don't drag it along as it may move my foundation underneath. I have tried using a blush brush but the results are not as good as using my own fingers. 

Once I am done with using up the samples of the blushes, I have a solid feel of what it is and will definitely buy the full-sized product. The full-sized cream blush comes in a very luxury silver case. And you can just buy the refill afterwards.

Have you tried any organic makeup which you love?



No comments:

Post a Comment