Jul 17, 2013

July Topbox 2013(Regular Box)

Received my Topbox in the mail today. The box has been all over the place when I started to track my package last week. Sometimes don't know exactly what is going on with Canada Post. With the extreme hot and humid weather, I try to grab my makeup products from my mail box as soon as I can, fear that some products may be melted.

Anyway, better late than never. Here is my Topbox for the month of July:


I opted for their regular box this month as their prive boxes did not excite me that much.

Cuccio Colour Nail Lacquer (Full size 14 ml $10)
KMS California Freeshape Quick Blow Dry(1 fl oz)
Benefit Cosmetics Sugarbomb Ultra Plush Gloss (0.22 fl oz)
Belvada Cosmetics One Moment Essential Day Cream 


The Cuccio nail lacquer I got is in the shade Made a Wish in Rome. It is a pretty turquoise color and I am excited to try that out. I received this brand nail polish a couple of months ago but the shade was not my favorite and I did not try it out. 


Happy to get this travel-sized Benefit Sugarbomb lip gloss. Have been wanting to try this out for a while. I have their Sugarbomb box-set blush so this would be perfect.


The one product I am not quite sure about is this one from Belvada Cosmetics. Prior to reading the info card, I looked through the little container and thought is this supposed to be an eye pigments or cream shadow as it looks so weird with its texture. 

It is described as " pure 24k gold flakes as well as pearl protein help stimulate blood flow, build up Amino Acids and add a healthy glow to the skin for summer."

When I swatch this, it feels like a cool gel. The gold flakes seem a bit intimidating at first but after blending a bit, it is not that obvious on the skin.

The other product is the KMS FreeShape blow dry. It is supposed to help blow-drying faster and also acts as a heat protectant. Says reduce drying time by up to 50%. Excited to try that out as I have pretty thick hair and who wants to be blow-drying your long hair in the hot humid weather?

Overall, pretty happy that I opted for the July regular Topbox. How about you? Happy with what you received this month?




2 comments:

  1. Yours is one of the better regular box. The benefit sample is a lot better than the bb cream sample most people received in the regular top box. For the 24 k cream seems like people either love it or hate it. It just looks different from the gold cream I've seen before. I hate receiving hair products in beauty boxes. I never use the hair products in the beauty boxes. I chose the glamglow box and I'm happy with my box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pretty polish! Haven't been blown away by topbox lately and am glad I haven't subscribed, but I also like the benefit sample in yours, so it seems like a pretty good box :)

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete