Oct 25, 2013

Bourjois Rice Java Smoothing & Setting Powder

I go through beauty products purchasing in phases. I would go for blushes for a while then I would hop onto eye shadows. Lately, I have been obsessing with look of my skin so I am in the foundation, setting powder, highlighter phase.

 


I came across Bourjois Rice Java Setting Powder a couple of weeks ago. I believe this particular packaging is a limited edition to celebrate the brand's 150th birthday. I got mine from ASOS from their Bourjois sale and scored this for only CAD $11.78. An awesome awesome deal in my opinion.


The packaging is totally adorable with the 50's retro feel. The powder is a very fine pinkish-tone highlighting shade with a bit of shimmer. 


When the powder is applied, you can barely notice the shimmer. I apply it as a highlighter on the cheeks or sometimes I apply it as a setting powder for my under eye area to give it a lift. It is very subtle and gives you the prettiest glow. 

This powder does have a significant scent. Hard to describe the scent but it reminds me of a powder blotting paper my Mom used when I was a little kid. It is hard to describe the scent. It is not a floral scent or a strong perfume scent. You only notice the scent when you twist open the package. Once you have applied it, the scent wouldn't linger on.

Overall, the Bourjois Rice Java Smoothing powder is a very nice illuminating powder. Can be used as a highlighter and setting powder. If you can get your hands on the limited edition package, it is a bonus.

Have you tried this from Bourjois? What is your favorite illuminating powder?

4 comments:

  1. to think about it, i've only used pressed powder from the brand.
    i've had nice experience with any rice based powder like T-LeClerc, i wonder if this broujois one is a good alternative.
    (ah, the powder papers..! evokes all kinds of memories ^-^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this powder is quite nice. It is my first rice based powder so I'm enjoying it. I remember I used to "play" with my Mom's powder paper all the time when I was a kid. Felt so smooth to touch.

      Delete
  2. Wow I've not seen this before, and I think it looks really retro too! I love Bourjois' healthy mix serum foundation, so I think perhaps this might work for me too!? xD

    <3 Celly
    ❤ TheSnowFlowerrr ❤ Beauty and Makeup Blog ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't the packaging adorable? I love retro packaging and when I saw this, I knew I had to grab it.

      Delete