Feb 13, 2014

Comparison of Solid Cleanser for Makeup Brushes

I love my Beauty Blender Solid Cleanser for makeup brushes and sponges. What I don't like is the price tag. It is pricey so I am on the hunt for an alternative.


The Beauty Blender Solid Sponge Cleanser(here) is CAD $20 and as much as I love it, it is an expensive "soap" to clean my brushes. The cleanser has a slight lavender scent. I have used many brands of brush cleaner and let me tell you, nothing clean my makeup brushes better than this. I have a Sigma angled contour brush which I use to apply blush and the bristles are white. Just a few swirls of the brush into this soap, rinse and all the residue is gone in seconds. My brush is like new again.

This comes in a container which I find very handy. When it was new, I could easily take the soap out of the container and after each use, I pat it dry with paper towel and it goes back to its container. However, after maybe 10 uses, the soap is harder to dig out as some makeup residue and wetness is stuck at the bottom. I wash my brushes and sponges every 10 days or so and this cleanser last me 3 months. 



The Masters Brush Cleanser and Preserver(here)

I got the 2.5 oz of the Masters Brush Cleanser from Michaels(craft store). I can't remember exactly how much I paid for it. I think it was around $8 and Michaels always has sale and coupons. This comes in a similar container as the Beauty Blender Solid Cleanser. It has a citrusy scent which I prefer over the lavender scent. I wet my brushes and then swirl over the cleanser a few times to lather up. It cleans just as well as the Beauty Blender Cleanser. It is more of a solid soap and the cleanser hold up well after a few uses. 

This cleanser is made for paint brushes. I tried to look up the ingredients but had no luck. I had doubts about how safe it is to use on makeup brushes. But I had no problem what-so-ever in terms of causing any skin irritations. It cleans very well and I am impressed with it. I have used it for a while and it barely made a dent into it so I think this little tub would last me a while.

What do you use to clean your makeup brushes and sponges? 




1 comment:

  1. I use for clean my brushes dishwashing liquid is hygienic and are very clean.

    ReplyDelete