Mar 2, 2015

Kat Von D Shade +Light Contour Palette

I am allowing myself to get one "novelty"beauty product a month. Yes, we're into March and I am still sticking to my New Year Resolution of buying less makeup.

Have been wanting a contour palette for a while and finally decided on the Kat Von D Shade + LIght Contour Palette after reading numerous raving reviews.

I am new into contouring and I was contemplating on whether to get cream or powder. But think cream is a bit tricky to apply and harder to blend out. Decided on the Kat Von D contour palette as I think the shades would suit my skin tone the best.



The palette consists of 3 contouring and 3 highlighting shades. All the shades are matte.








I really love the sleek packaging. It comes with a large mirror and it has magnetic closure. 3 highlighting shades are slightly smaller than the contouring shades which make sense as you would need to use those less.


The 3 contouring shades are super pigmented. These are light swatches with my fingers barely touching the product.


The highlighting shades are slightly powdery compared to the contouring shades. 

I am super excited to try this palette out. I feel like I could use all the contouring shades and two out of the three highlighting shades(one is just too light to show up on my skin tone). I will probably use my Sigma angle flat-top kabuki brush as it is very stiff and I think I would need a good dense brush to apply the contouring shade.

I also get the Sephora VIB Rouge Algenist  skin care trio with purchase. They are very good deluxe sizes. Algenist is a very good skin care brand and this is the best way to try out different products before investing on the full-sized ones.

Do you contour? What is your favorite brush to apply contouring shades on your cheekbones?




6 comments:

  1. I've been dying to get this contour palette! I'm still new to bronzing/contouring but I love Kat Von D makeup, and I always hear amazing things about this.

    skinstuffbykaty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ever since I used the Kat Von D Tattoo liner, I am in love with her line of products. I am learning to contour as well and I think powder is much easier to handle than cream.

      Delete
  2. I think this is a fantastic contouring palette although I'm still a novice at contouring...can't wait to see what you think once you've used it more! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it so far as I am using two contouring shades to make the correct shade for myself. Still learning and experimenting. I think I like the contouring shades much better than the highlighting shades as I find them quite powdery and I have to tap off excess every time.

      Delete
  3. Great shades.

    http://ninasstyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. that packaging tho makes the once a month novelty purchase worth it :) im also leaning more towards powder contour products but my friends are saying creams are actually easier to blend and lasts longer. those are nice shades btw, like if a friend asks if you could do her makeup for an event you have all the nice colors you can mix to match her skintone ^^

    ReplyDelete