Apr 27, 2015

Battle of Primers


Purpose of face primers is to smooth out the texture of your skin and help your foundation stay longer. I have oily combo skin and in the hot summer months, a good primer is totally necessary so my foundation would not slide off my face.

Benefit Porefessional has been my go-to for years. Minimizing pores is its major pro. You literally see the smoothing of skin and pores disappearing upon application. To me, it is magic. It has a slight tint of color and the texture is easy to blend out. 

L'oreal Lumi Magic is a primer which gives you the prettiest dewy glow. I wouldn't say it does a good job in helping your foundation stay longer. I apply this just on my cheeks but not on my t-zone. If you like the dewy look, this is the best drug store primer you can get.

Hourglass Mineral Veil receives so much love from the blogging world. Among all the primers I have, this has the silkiest texture and it smooth out skin beautifully. As my main issue is pores minimizer, this does not blur pores. This is very good for oily skin though. I would say if you have extremely oily skin, this would work best for you.

MUFE Step 1 Skin Equalier(Smoothing) is the latest one I try. This is one of 10 new primers from the brand. Nourishing, hydrating, color-correcting, mattifying, radiant. The deluxe-sized sample I got from Sephora is the Smoothing one. Like the Benefit Porefessional, this is awesome to minimize pores. It also has a slight tint to it. 

Too Faced Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer. I have only been using this for a couple of times so far so really can't decide what I think of this. Even though the name suggests everything I want in a primer, I don't really see my pores minimized using this. I have been curious to try this in powder form which I heard is very good. 

Have you tried any of the above or other brands? What is your favorite one?

4 comments:

  1. I looooove the Hourglass! So smooth and controls my oily T-zone really well in the summer. For some reason when I tried the Porefessional before it didn't do anything for my pores, but it was a deluxe sample so I wonder if it was a dud since everyone says it's really good. I haven't tried any of the others but the MUFE sounds promising!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh by the way cute new profile pic, I like it!

      Delete
    2. I swear by Benefit Porefessional. I have huge pores and that and MUFE's one could do some magic for me, Hourglass one is very nice but I don't like the price tag:(

      Delete
  2. Oh thank you. I am so addicted to the new app, MyIdol, so much fun!

    ReplyDelete