Feb 10, 2016

Chanel Perles et Fantaisies Illuminating Powder

Ever since I laid my eyes on the the beautiful Chanel Perles et Fantaisies, I knew I just HAVE to have it in my life.


I don't have a lot of highlighters/illuminating powder in my collection. After I read reviews and see swatches online, I decided to get this instead of the Dior Nude Air Glowing Gardens Illuminating Powder. Don't get me wrong, The Dior one is so pretty and if my wallet is ok with that, I would get that as well. But after comparing the two, I think the Dior one is a bit more shimmery and the Chanel one is more subtle which would suit my everyday makeup routine more.



The Chanel perles et fantaisies is a limited edition highlighting/illuminating powder from their Les Sautoirs de Coco collection. The beautiful embossing is just so pretty. I can just stare at the beautiful pearls embossing time after time. 


This palette has two sides to it. The pearl white side contains a bit more shimmers than the pink side. The powders are very finely-milled. 



I like this palette as it is more versatile to use. You can just the white side and layer it on top of other blushes to give more a more glowy look. If you have fair skin, you can use the pink side as a blush. Also, when blended together, can be applied on top of cheekbones as highlighter. 

Since the powder is so finely-milled, I find I really have to dip my brush to swirl a few times in order to pick up enough product to get the pigmentation I want. I have yet to find a brush best for this palette. I much prefer to use illuminating powder of this nature as I can always layer it to build up the pigmentation I want. I have highlighter powder which is so pigmented and shimmery that I need to be careful and use a light hand to apply. 

I got this from Hudson Bay at CAD $76.Yes, it is indeed a splurge but it is totally worth it.  I saw this on their website for days but couldn't add that to my cart and I thought they were sold out. Lucky that I decided to call and placed a phone order.  Anyone interested in getting this, strongly suggest you get it now as I think this would sell out soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment