Jun 5, 2019

Current Favorites


  1. Make Up For Ever Matte Velvet Skin Blurring Powder Foundation
This new discovery has quickly become my new favorite. I rarely use powder foundation as I thought it would be too "made up" and cakey. But this MUFE blurring powder foundation has changed my opinion instantly. This has a beautiful, blurring and yet amazingly-natural finish. This is perfect for a quick makeup kind of day. I do my undereye and concealers on blemishes, set it with a setting powder and then "swipe" the powder foundation and I'm done. Just like that, I can do my whole face makeup within minutes. No blending, just swipe. I sometimes use the sponge which comes with the foundation or use my new Hourglass duo powder brush. (my shade is Y235)


This is a gift from my BFF. This brush is just so soft. I use this to set my makeup or use this to apply MUFE powder foundation. Highly recommend this luxurious powder brush if you are in the market for one. Well-worth the money.



I have been using the Laneige lip mask for a couple of years and as much as I love it, it is not as easy as to reapply during the day. This glowy balm is the perfect solution. Almost the same texture as the lip mask and not as thick, this balm can be reapplied throughout the day. This has a slight tint to it and this comes in 4 shades. The one I have is Berry and just has a slight pink tint. 


I have tried a handful of skincare products from the Ordinary and sometimes it is a hit and miss. This Caffeine Solution is definitely a hit. Really helps with de-puffing my dark circles. I apply this generously both in am and pm. It has a pretty thick texture and it is quite easy to apply to contour of eye bags with the dropper. Can't go wrong with the price tag on this one.



I saw this featured in the CityLine beauty segment a couple of weeks ago and quickly ran to Shoppers Drug Mart to pick up one. If you have some skin discolorations or imperfections on your body which prevent you from wearing short sleeves or skirts in the summer, this one is for you. I injured my right knee a long time ago and ever since then, my knee cap is always darker than the rest of my leg. I have tried many solutions, like exfoliating, brightening soap, hydrogen peroxide etc but all those don't help much. This Dermablend Leg and Body Makeup comes in a wide variety of range. I recommend going for a shade darker than your skin. I don't apply it on my whole leg, just on my knee cap to lighten up the darkened skin. Then I set it with a setting powder which is optional. This last for hours as it claims. It also says it is semi- waterproof but I haven't tried it yet so cannot say whether it is true or not. 


No comments:

Post a Comment