May 10, 2016

Lancome Juicy Shaker vs YSL Volupte Tint-in-Oil


These days, makeup brands come up with the most innovative products. Lipstick, lipgloss, lip tint, lip crayon, lip oil. If you want a medium between a lipstick and a lip gloss, you want the hydrating properties and pigmentation, then you would love the new lip products. 


Lancome Juicy Shaker in Mangoes Wild



Lancome has released the highly-anticipated lip product: Juicy Shaker. This has got to be the most adorable packaging out there. It shapes like a mini cocktail shaker. 


Korean has been introducing cushion to foundation, blush, bronzer and lip products and I am not surprised that more makeup brands are following the trend. It gives the most flattening and natural finish. 

Lancome Juicy Shaker comes in 9 different shades and each shade has an unique scent. When I was choosing a shade, I was also picking the scent. I picked Mangoes Wild which is described as bright fuschia. I usually stay away from these shades as I like more natural mauve shades. But I know that these are not super pigmented and quite sheer. I love mangoes scent and I went for it.



This is just one swipe. As you can see, it is not bright fuschia. It is more of a coral/rose shade. 

The cushion applicator is pointy which is quite easy to apply on lips. It gives very precise application. Feels very moisturizing when first applied and no surprise, the lasting power is not long. It lasts maybe 2 hours on my lips. When the oil dries off, my lips still feel moisturized. It leaves a light tint on lips so I wouldn't look totally washed out.




First applied


after 2 hours of wear


In my lipstick collection, YSL Volupte Tint-in-Oil has a very similar finish and claim. It claims to be hydrating and leave a tint afterwards. I have two shades. The one similar shade to Lancome Juicy Shaker is My Cherie, which is a a bit more pink. 


Both Lancome Juicy Shaker and YSL Volupte Tint-in-oil are similar in ingredients which contain essential oils for hydration. When both are first applied, they feel very similar on the lips. With the YSL unique applicator, it is easy to apply. But I find sometimes the oil and pigments are not mixed completely. So you may have to go over the lips a few times to even it out.

With the Lancome Juicy Shake cushion applicator, it is super easy to apply evenly. I either apply it just like a lipstick or just dab it a few times on lips for a natural look. The cushion applicator is so " bouncy", I find myself "addicted" to keep applying it just for the fun of it. Since the oil and pigments are mixed very well when you shake it, just the right amount of product is dispensed into the cushion so when it is applied, it is even and smooth. 

Now, for the wear-time. Both wear about the same time, usually 2 hours on my lips. But one significant difference is my lips feel dry with the YSL Volupte Tint-in-oil. It is so dry to a point that my lips feel extremely dehydrated. But since it is a tint, I don't want to keep re-applying it as my lips would be super bright at the end of the day. What I do is to apply a lip balm regularly. 

My lips do not feel dry or dehydrated with the Lancome Juicy Shaker. When the oil wears off in a couple of hours, the sheen is gone but still feel moisturized. As you can see from the picture of my lips after 2 hours, it leaves a slight tint. Since the application is always smooth and even, when it is worn off, it does not leave the outer rims darker than the rest of the lips. I don't feel the need to re-apply desperately. 

Both are quite similar in price, YSL is CAD $36 and Lancome is $28. I hate dehydrated lips and I prefer the Lancome Juicy Shaker. The scent is amazing and it wears off evenly. It is also super fun to apply. Just give the adorable shaker a few shakes and then apply. The packaging is what sold me on this but the product is actually impressive. It is so much more than a lip gloss. If you are looking for a new fun lip product to try, I would pick the Lancome Juicy Shaker.

Are you loving the new lip product trend? Would you be picking up this adorable Lancome Juicy Shaker?

No comments:

Post a Comment