May 6, 2016

MUFE HD Invisible Cover Stick Foundation Review

Ever since I set up my vanity, facing a big window with natural light shining through, I am terrified of looking at my skin close-up. Does not help with the 10x magnifying makeup mirror. It enlarges every single pore and imperfection. 

I have always been a light coverage foundation gal. After staring at my pores for 2 weeks, I have decided to get a medium to high coverage foundation.


Decided on the MUFE Ultra HD Invisible Cover Stick Foundation. First time I have tried a stick foundation. I thought it would be hard to blend and cakey. But this has totally changed my perception.





I ordered it online and I relied heavily on reviews to pick the right shade. I am a MAC NC25-30 and I picked Y365. It may look a bit dark in the picture above but when I blend it out, it is a dead-on match for my skin.

This stick foundation is very creamy, making it a dream to blend. I have tried using a Real Techniques foundation brush, Sigma F80 flat kabuki brush and a Beauty Blender. I find they are all equally easy to blend out. But since I am used to lighter coverage, I prefer the Beauty Blender. 

As I have never tried a stick foundation before and I don't have any other to compare to. This provides medium to full coverage. What I do is to apply Benefit Porefessional Primer all over my face and apply the foundation by sliding the stick a few stripes on my face, a couple on my cheeks, one stripe on my forehead, another one on my nose and then dab a few times on blemishes. Then use a Beauty Blender to blend it out. I like to do it this way as I can always build it up to more coverage. 

I have tried applying more for full coverage. It would take a minute or two for the foundation to sink in. When it is first applied, it can be a bit cakey. What I like best about this foundation is it provides the coverage I want and it still looks like skin. When I look at myself extra close-up under natural light, it still looks decent. 

The wear time for this foundation is average. As the weather is just starting to warm up here in Canada, I don't have any problem with turning greasy. But I can see on hot humid days, I would have to set it with a setting/mattifying powder to control the sheen. This is not a matte foundation whatsoever. It is not a luminous one either. It is somewhere in between. I personally love a glowy luminous finish so I only set my under eye area and nose with Tarte Smooth Operator or Laura Mercier Translucent Powder. On a few warmer afternoons, I would have to powder my cheeks as well. If you have very oil skin, I would not recommend this stick foundation on hot summer days.

Have you tried any MUFE HD foundation? The liquid version is probably more popular. But I absolutely love this stick foundation and I am not scared to look at my skin close-up thanks to this high coverage creamy sticky foundation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment