Mar 2, 2018

Trying New Makeup

I haven't done a new makeup haul for a long time. I am proud to say I have been pretty good in controlling my makeup purchase in the past year. Especially I will be moving to my new house soon and I have been doing major decluttering and I have thrown out so much unused or rarely-used makeup products which I felt so guilty. I have decided to buy minimally and will try my best to use up or rediscover my stash.


YSL Volupte Tint-in-balm in No. 1 Dream Me Nude
Bobbi Brown Shimmer Blush in 1 Pink Sugar

These were gifts from my best friend. I have tried YSL Volupte Tint-in-balm. I have the color No.4 and it is a stable in my purse. It is not very pigmented but very moisturizing. Perfect to leave in your purse for touch-up. 


The shade No. 1 Dream me Nude has a bit of mauve and brownish tone to it. 


Left: YSL Volupte Tint-in-balm in No. 1 Dream me Nude
Right: Bobbi Brown Pink Sugar Shimmer Blush

Loving this Bobbi Brown shimmer blush. I usually stay away from shimmer blush but this shimmer in this one is very fine and subtle. You can barely notice it. It is a very soft pink. I have been wearing this non-stop since I got it. 


I have been wanting to try Fenty beauty products for a while. My sister-in-law gifted me this Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer. This is such an awesome lip gloss. It is a rose gold shade and not super sticky. You can apply it alone or apply it on top on your lipstick. This is quite long-lasting for a lip gloss and my lips feel moisturized for a long time.


Just picked up this Fenty Match Stix Matte Skinstick in Amber at the Sephora Rouge event last nite. This is my first cream contour stick and I have tried a few times in store and it feels very creamy and quite easy to blend. I don't have any cool-toned contour in my collection and thought this would be nice to try out.


Left: Fenty Beauty Match Stix Matte Skinstick in Amber
Right: Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb

My sister-in-law also told me about this Farsali Rose Gold Elixir. I am almost out in my face oil and want to try a new one. This dry face oil can be used alone or used together with makeup. You can mix a few drops with your foundation and make your skin more luminous. I bought the smaller size as I want to make sure I love it before commit myself to a full-size. The scent is very pleasant. Very citrusy, a combination of zesty lemon and orange. Very fast-absorbing and when I use it in the morning, I don't have to wait 10 mins for it to be fully-absorbed into the skin. 

Last product to try is the Kat Vond D Lock-It-Blotting Powder. I got it in the shade light. Not that I need another blotting powder for my purse but read so many great reviews about this powder that I have to try for myself. It claims to blur out pores and make your skin look like it has been photo-shopped. I am excited to try this out and will report back once I have tested it out for a few weeks.

What new makeup products have you tried lately?
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment