Sep 21, 2018

Moonshot Micro Setting Fit Cushion Review

Ever since I became a big fan of KPop king, G-Dragon, I am more drawn to Korean makeup and skin care. I have raved many times about one of my holy grail sheet masks, GD Shining Mask, from the brand, MoonShot. Many times when celebrities put their names on their products, I have always been skeptical about how good the products are. That sheet mask really changed my view on those and I have decided to try more products from the brand.



Let's talk about the packaging. Moonshot has a few cushion foundations and each packaging is different. G-Dragon's black, BlackPink(an all-girl Kpop group)is Beige. This one is named after Blackpink's member, Lisa and the cover of the cushion is a holographic glitter top. Very pretty.


The puff it comes with has a pointy top, making it easier to apply cushion on the inner corners of the eyes and around the nose.


Shade 201

This cushion comes in only 3 shades: 101, 201 and 301. I picked 201 which is a light beige.



In comparison with shades, Moonshot Micro Setting 201 is in between IOPE XP C23 and Hera #23. 

For coverage, Moonshot Micro Setting Cushion has a light to medium coverage. The application is quite smooth and with the pointy puff, it makes the application much easier around the eyes and nose. The finish is not as dewy as my other Korean cushion foundation. I have oily combo skin, leaning towards drier skin now, this cushion is very good. I don't need to set the cushion with a setting powder to keep my t-zone matte throughout the day. But if you have dry skin, I am not sure if this one would be the right choice for you as it can cling onto dry patches.

The lasting power for this cushion is quite good. I tried it out yesterday going to the gym. It holds up quite good with excessive sweating on my face. I didn't notice transfer of cushion onto my towel. After gym, I had to reapply just by dabbing on top of my cheeks and I can go on with my day. I did notice after re-application that the cushion did cling onto blemishes. 

I got mine from YesStyle when they had a flash sale. Price is around CAD $25-38 on average. It does not come with a refill so I would say the price is a bit high for just one cushion. 

Moonshot Micro Setting Fit Cushion is a good cushion to try if you:
  • have normal to oily skin
  • are not into dewy skin
  • don't want to set your cushion with setting powder
  • have fair to medium skin tone
  • want buildable coverage 
  • like lightweight, non-greasy finish
  • have relatively good skin with few blemishes


Overall, I am quite impressed with Moonshot Micro Setting Fit Cushion. It is perfect for summer and warmer days into the fall. It is lightweight and it doesn't feel greasy or " I need to take off my makeup" feel at the end of the day. It is good for my oily combo skin but I might have to moisturize my skin good to use before applying this in the dry winter months. 





No comments:

Post a Comment