Oct 17, 2018

Skincare Empties

I have not done a monthly empties for so long. I have switched up a few products in my morning and night time skincare routine and will share with you guys very soon.

secret key essence


Have been using this cleansing oil as part of my night time routine for years. I have tried many brands and this one suits my skin the best. It doesn't break me out and it does a decent job in removing my makeup. For stubborn waterproof mascara, I still have to use my Neutrogena Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover to wipe off before I use this oil. I used to get this from Sephora but for the past couple of months, I kept seeing this in my local Winners(TJMaxx/Marshall in U.S) in deep discounts and I picked up a few as backups.


This has been my morning eye cream for a while. This one does a very good job in moisturizing and depuffing. It has a salmon-pink creamy texture which helps with dark circles. 

La Roche Posay Anthelios has been my holy grail facial sunscreen for years. I apply sunscreen every single day, rain or shine. 


A new discovery of Korean skincare brand for me. I got this from Yesstyle.com and once in a while, they have sale on this item. I use this in the morning as part of my 7 skin method. For those of you who don't know about this popular Korean skincare routine is you pick an essence(doesn't contain alcohol so it wouldn't dry out your skin) and layer it 7 times to give your skin the ultimate hydration treatment. I don't necessarily do it 7 times but at least a good 4 times. I use a cotton pad first and put some essence onto it. Wipe my face with it and then start layering essence 3 more times by patting it. I wait a minute or two between each layering so it has some time to absorb into the skin.



When I was first introduced to this pudding cream by Papa Recipe, I wasn't sure if I was going to love it. But after my first jar, I knew it is going to a staple. The texture is very weird. You need a little spatula(which comes with the pudding cream) to scope out a little more than 2 pea-sized amount and apply to face. It is not the most moisturizing day cream but since I use the 7 skin method to deeply hydrate and prep my skin and this one is enough for a day cream. Maybe not in the dry winter months. Honey has a lot of benefits to skin and after my first jar, I stopped using it and I noticed my skin was acting up much more. So I quickly repurchased another jar and started using it again and my skin condition improved almost instantly.




No comments:

Post a Comment