Nov 27, 2018

MAC Studio Perfect Hydrating Cushion

I have tried a lot of cushion foundations but all from Korea. I love the easy natural no makeup look with dewy finish which mimics glowy healthy skin. There are more Western makeup brands releasing new cushion foundation and I am very anxious to try and see if they are similar to Korean brands.



MAC has released their Studio Perfect Hydration Cushion a few months ago. I believe it is exclusive to Asia for now as I have asked a few MAC sales associates here in Canada and they have not heard about the new release yet. 

I have tried MAC foundation long time ago. From my memory, MAC foundation is full coverage and matte. So when they released this new Studio Perfect Hydrating Cushion, I was skeptical of how well this performs.



Claims:
Revive, nourish and protect skin with Studio Perfect SPF 50/PA+++ Hydrating Cushion Compact. Upon application, fine dry lines look visibly minimized while textured skin appears smooth, even and luminous. Provides medium buildable coverage with a natural satin finish, with touch-ups that are as chic as ever in an ultra-modern metallized ombre black compact.

Key Claims and Benefits:
- Provides all-day wear
-Provides immediate and long-term hydration
-Provides instant radiance
-Provides stay-true colour
-Offers broad-spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 50/PA+++
-For all skin types
-Dermatologist tested


Shade: N18

My brother and sister-in-law were in Taiwan earlier this month and they brought back the cushion foundation set for me. I am so grateful as they are super hard to get my hands on this here (besides going to ebay). 

The set consists of MAC Studio Perfect Hydrating Cushion in shade N18, 2 refills, 1 NC15 refill and a 170 brush.

From all the swatches I see online, I thought N18 is a bit too pale for my skin tone. But I also read reviews that this foundation oxidizes a bit. So this should work.

This MAC cushion has medium coverage. Of all the other cushion foundations I have tried, usually when they have medium coverage, they are more matte. Also, a little goes a long way. I'd rather build up to medium coverage than too much coverage making my skin looks cakey. For everyday, I still prefer a more natural look.

I apply this cushion foundation with the sponge included in this compact. A lot of people prefer using a BeautyBlender or foundation brush for application. I still find using the sponge and by patting the foundation into skin is the best way to achieve the natural look. Yes, it takes a bit more time to dab dab dab but trust me, it is worth spending the extra couple of minutes.

This cushion foundation not only has medium coverage, once it is set, it does give my skin a slight radiant effect. Not glowy or super dewy if you are not into that look. Skin still peeks through and looks like your own skin but it is your skin but better. 

As it is cold here in Canada now, I don't feel the urge to set this foundation with a setting powder. I only set my under eye concealer with a little bit of powder as I do with all my other foundations. This foundation does not make my skin feel greasy at the end of the day. This also doesn't make my skin feel clogged at the end of the day. I recall my prior experience with MAC foundation just feel heavy and at the end of the day, just felt the urge to wash off my face. This doesn't feel like that at all. 

I have been using this cushion foundation for a few times this week and I am very impressed with the formula and the performance. 

Pros:
  • buildable coverage
  • long-lasting for cushion foundation
  • SPF
  • still looks like skin
  • radiant finish but not dewy
Cons:
  • limited shades
  • only available in Asia(for now)
  • sinks into pores 
  • clings to dry patches
Have you tried this new MAC Studio Perfect Hydrating Cushion or Western brands cushion? What are your favorites?






No comments:

Post a Comment