Dec 6, 2018

YSL Fusion Ink Cushion Foundation Review

I am on the trend of trying out more cushion foundation from Western brands. My success with MAC Studio Perfect Hydrating Cushion(see my post for review) prompted me to try another one.

I have been eyeing on the YSL cushion foundation for a while. But it is so pricey, CAD $75 for one with no refill. Not sure if the Fusion Ink Cushion Foundation is discontinued or not but Sephora had it on sale a couple of weeks ago for $55 so I grabbed one to try.


YSL Le Cushion Encre De Peau Fusion Ink Cushion Foundation

YSL always has the sleekest packaging and this beauty comes in a black compact which is so pretty.



Shade 30


At the time of my ordering from Sephora.ca, only a few shade 30 left. I grabbed one as the shade 20 which is the shade I prefer was sold out. This has a bit of peach undertone and not too much pink so I think should be ok.

First impression:

YSL has its signature fragrant-scented foundation which I am not a big fan of. I still don't understand why luxury brands like YSL, Chanel and Dior make their foundation like that. I don't mind the scent but for people who are sensitive to fragrance would find it irritating. Even though the scent is not strong, it is still very obvious at first application.

Coverage & Finish:
Medium coverage. It is quite buildable. I wouldn't say it is a dewy or radiant finish. Closer to a matte satin finish. 

I prefer a more radiant finish to mimic healthy skin with a glow. This is not tacky to the touch so perfect for combination to oily skin type. As it is cold here in Canada, I don't have to set this with a setting powder. In the summer time, I might have to set it on my t-zone.


Below is a comparison of shade swatches of the cushion foundations in my collection:




Overall, I like this YSL Fusion Ink Cushion Foundation. But would I cough up another $75 for another one or refill? Definitely not. There are other cushion foundation, whether it is from Korea or Western brands, which perform very similar. Personally, I like a more dewy finish and this one is on the more satin finish which is probably better to use in the summer time. But for winter months, days are dull and dark already. I would like to add something to brighten my skin a bit for a glow.

Have you tried YSL Fusion Ink Cushion Foundation? What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment