May 6, 2019

Sephora VIB Sale Haul 2019

I have been really good in controlling my impulse makeup buying for the last little while. That's why I have been MIA. But the Sephora VIB spring sale is happening(sale ends tonite) and this time around is 20% for VIB Rouge members which I am not proud to say that I am one of them. So here is my little haul.

I tried to make a list of all the absolute essentials, mainly my regular skin care products before the sale. Luckily all mine were in stock and I didn't have to stalk on line as in previous years to check whether they came back to stock. Oh well, just one item, the Dyson hair blow dryer which I have been wanting to get but don't need it. The one I want is the special Mother's Day gift set which includes two extra brushes. So, if this doesn't come back to stock before sale ends tonite, I won't get it which is a good thing :)



1. Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter
This is a repurchase. I got this during their sale last fall and has been using it pretty much daily. It is such a beautiful beautiful product. I use it as an overall foundation which has a light coverage but subtle luminous finish which gives your skin the healthiest glow. When I use other cushion foundation, I apply this to my cheeks as a highlighter. I got it in #4 medium shade last time and this time around, I went for #3 light/medium shade.

2. Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic Blush in Pillow Talk
Have been wanting to get this for a while. I got the Pillow Talk lipstick and eyeshadow palette and love them. So might as well go for the blush. Very beautiful as well and so happy with it.

My holy-grail cleanser and I only get this when on sale. I went for the Limited Edition as it is slightly bigger size and only $5  more than the regular size.

This is a repurchase as well. After I used up my first bottle, I said to myself, yes it it is a great mist but the price tag is hefty. CAD $59 is expensive for a mist. I have been trying to find dupes but let me tell you, there is no dupe close to this. 

Best blemish concealer hands down. I am not close to finishing up my first bottle but I need a slightly lighter shade. When you have a blemish and have to apply makeup, you feel so guilty and not treating  the blemish until you wash off your face at the end of the day. But with this concealer, it is treating it during the day when you have makeup on. So at the end of the day, it is much better already and all you have to do is to apply your regular skin care and a little blemish treatment and the next day the blemish is pretty much all gone. 

6. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Sand
This one is for my Mom as she loves this formula and coverage for everyday.



Just when I thought I was done with my haul, I realized my regular loose powder is almost out. So picked up Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder. I have tried many different brands throughout the years but always go back to this.



Well, this is a last minute impulse purchase. I rarely use powder foundation. As a matter of fact, I haven't had powder foundation in my collection. I have always thought powder foundation doesn't give me the coverage and I prefer liquid foundation or cushion foundation. This is changed. I have had MUFE stick foundation and love the formula and coverage. This relatively new blurring powder foundation is going to my new go-to. This has amazing coverage. My skin has evolved from oily to normal/combination and this powder foundation doesn't make my face greasy. I tried it out yesterday and the coverage is awesome. The finish is not totally matte and after a few hours, it gives a more satin finish. My t-zone does get a tiny bit oily which happens for all my other foundations. This really does what its name suggested: blurring. It does blur out pores and doesn't sink into pores which is so rare. This comes in so many different shades and I went for shade Y235 which is an ivory beige.  Highly recommend this if you would like to try a medium to full coverage all day foundation.

What have you bought during this Sephora VIB Sale?









No comments:

Post a Comment