Oct 14, 2012

Dessert anyone?


I love desserts and what better way to end a delicious meal than to have something sinfully deliciously sweet?

When I was visiting Toronto on the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend, we had a great Thanksgiving dinner at home. We did not have the traditional turkey dinner. Yes, our family is probably only family who does not like turkey dinners. I made a delicious prime rib dinner for everyone. 

I love sweets but unfortunately I am not a good baker. So went to Pusateri's at Bayview Village to get some desserts to enjoy at home after dinner.


I picked several different pieces instead of picking up a whole cake since everybody like different things. Pusateri's carries the famous cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. I remember every time we visited the States, even if we did not dine there, I always wanted to go there and get a few slices of cheesecake to go. Yes, they are so rich and yummy and I don't even want to check the calorie-counter. I picked the red velvet and the creamy pumpkin. 


My brother and sister-in-law brought this yummy meringue 

Speaking of desserts, do you like sweet scented candles?

I bought a couple more of candles from Bath and Body Works. Yes, they are so addictive.


Went to the one at Vaughan Mills and it is more of a outlet store there and they don't have the full fall/Halloween collection there.


Cinnamon nut bread
Yummy! Enjoy a warm medley of fresh baked shortbread with cinnamon, buttercream and chopped nuts with this cozy fragrance

If you like cinnamon cookies scent, this one is for you. I love cinnamon and every time I go into the mall and there is a Cinnabon store somewhere, I am automatically drawn to it and get a cinnamon bun. 


Cinnamon sugared donut
Bring a bit of the bakery home with a vanilla cake donut covered in sugar crystals and a kiss of crushed cinnamon.

This one smell just like you have just walked into a donut store( Tim Horton's in Canada :). As much as I love donuts, this candle is just too sweet. Kind of too sweet in your face that kind of scent. I usually love to burn candle for a few hours to fill up the whole house. But this one, I just have to blow it out a few times throughout the night to just air it out a bit. 



1 comment: