Oct 11, 2012

J Crew Polka-Dot Scarf

I love polka dots and when I saw this polka dot scarf on the J. Crew website, I fell in love. I saw it in store in late summer and it was stunning. I did not know why I didn't get it in store that time. Guess it was just too warm outside and didn't feel like grabbing a scarf.

Saw the scarf a few times online and even on sale, I didn't bite. 

When the cooler weather hits, I started to look for this scarf and of course, it was sold out online.

Thanks to ebay, I finally got it.


J. Crew wool polka-dot scarf (here)

I love the pink dots on burgundy. Very soft but the fabric is thinner than I thought.


The scarf is going to be worn a lot this fall/winter. Most of my coats are dark colors and this would add some color to the boring blacks and grey.





The combination of pink dots on burgundy is so cute, which reminds me of the cashmere sweater that I tried on in store.


Collection cashmere polka dot sweater (buy here)

I thought I saw this on sale the other day or was I mistaken? Maybe another color.



23 comments:

  1. So cute! I like these dotty scarves too, but wish the material was a bit more substantial.

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a bit disappointed in how thin it is. From what I recall seeing in the store, it didn't look that thin. But maybe they layer it up and bundle together. Regardless, love the pink dots on burgundy and I can wear it today as it's quite chilly outside :)

      Delete
  2. Ooohh that scarf is cute!! Perfect for fall!! Burgundy and polka dots. Too cute. :)

    xo - Sheila

    www.sheislovelyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when I first saw it online, I loved it already. Missed out in store and online but found it on ebay and I'm a happy camper :)

      Delete
  3. oh the scarf looks so attractive with your sweater!
    an awesome buy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) Now I'm hoping for more cool weather haha so I can wear it out!

      Delete
  4. love it! the colour is gorgeous, polka dots are always great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. polka dots on scarf make a boring dark colored winter coat so much more fun!

      Delete
  5. Love this scarf!!
    Thanks for coming by my blog and following! I have returned the favor!

    Leslie
    http://sincerely-leslie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute scarf. I like the mix of burgundy (for Fall) and the bright pink reminiscent of summer! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love polka dot and so excited to see the burgundy/pink combo. Love it!

      Delete
  7. I have the blue/ivory version of this scarf and love it.
    I just wish it was a little thicker:(.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I read that it's made of wool, I automatically thought it would be pretty substantial. So when I got it, I was a wee bit disappointed in how thin the scarf is.

      Delete
  8. very cute scarf! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, just wish it's a bit thicker to keep me warm for the nasty Canadian winter :)

      Delete
  9. Both the sweater and the scarf are really cute - love the colour combination of the burgundy and pink :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love burgundy for the fall. I'm not much of a red person, even for the holidays, so burgundy is my fall/winter color. Loving my new scarf, cold weather is coming :(

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. anything polka dots, I am obsessed. Think I will wear this lots this fall/winter. So excited!

      Delete
  11. I'm pretty much in love with polka dots this season, so this scarf is just calling my name! Plus the brown/pink combo is fab. Not sure whether I like the scarf or that matching sweater more :)

    Thanks for stopping by and following along! Glad to have found your blog--sometimes this mama needs a break from mama things and your shopping blog is just what I needed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by my blog! This is such a cute scarf. I'm a new J Crew addict! Look forward to following your blog!

    The Pretty Pinhead

    ReplyDelete