Jan 20, 2013

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation

I am not a foundation person. I guess it started from when I was a teenager and had oily skin, bought the wrong foundation. Skin felt cakey and suffocated and of course I didn't know to put on the right setting/finishing powder and the skin looked extremely oily at the end of the day. Ever since then, I rarely put on foundation, only tinted moisturizer and BB cream.

I am drawn to light-weight foundation and souffle type of foundation. When I saw the Revlon released its Nearly Naked Foundation, I knew I had to try it.



I got the shade 160 Fresh Beige


It is quite liquidy. The bottle does not have a pump, making it challenging to pour out the right amount each time.



It is very light-weight and has light to medium coverage

I only tried it a couple of times. I like the lightweight feel of it. I applied it with my Sigma ankled kabuki brush and it is very blendable and easy to apply. But since it is not as thick as other foundations, I may consider getting a beauty blender to see if it can be applied better. I still set it with my Amazonian clay smooth operator setting powder so I didn't have to blot my face throughout the day and didn't feel oily at all.

I got the Nearly Naked Foundation on sale at Rexall this week. Original price was $12.99 and 30% off making it only $9. Awesome deal, in my opinion.

While I was at Rexall, of course had to check out other deals.


Saw this L'Oreal foundation


MagicSmooth Souffle

This must be a discontinuing line as all of them are deeply discounted. Original price was $20.94 and all were on sale for only $4.94.

Most of the medium shades were gone. I got the 524 shade, buff beige, which is a bit darker than I wanted. But for that price, maybe I can use it in the summer months when I get tanner.



This feels very light and is a souffle texture which I love


I haven't tried it yet so cannot review on it. But it feels ok and non-greasy.

Feel like gambling when I buy a beauty product which I haven't heard of or read any reviews on it. But it is on deep discounted price so no big deal if it doesn't work out. Do you buy beauty products on impulse and is pleasantly surprised?





14 comments:

  1. i am so curious about the new revlon foundation! i've always like their liquid foundations except that i can't find the exact color match for me.
    thanks for introducing this. i didn't now know about this. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so challenging to find the right shade at the drug store. Glad these have testers on the display and I can play around with it. I still want to try the Revlon whipped cream foundation but the shades look deceiving in their containers and no testers around.

      Delete
  2. i am always nervous buying foundation. usually what i do is go to a counter and the make up SA puts on the stuff and i walk around for the day. it gives me a better idea if the product will work for me and whether it holds up well.

    thanks for this review! xox P

    phiphi's blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's a great idea to get the beauty SA to match the foundation than testing it out at drug stores. When I go for higher end beauty products, for sure will do that.

      Delete
  3. Hi! Found you on the blog hop. I LOOOOVE reading makeup reviews, you got yourself a new follower. I just saw the new Revlon products in Rite Aid today, but I held back. Maybe I'll pick it up and try tomorrow. Keep the reviews coming!

    MarlaJan
    http://luckfupus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by and I love reading others' makeup reviews to get better ideas of whether they will work well for me. Following you back :)

      Delete
  4. I'm not a foundation user (I'm more of a concealer with loose powder type of girl) but LOVE this review!

    Thanks for joining the Blog Hop!
    -Sarah
    [life of love]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't wear foundation often. Just maybe once or twice a week when I need more coverage. I like easy, no mess, natural-looking makeup too.

      Delete
  5. I really like your reviews! I have been wondering how this foundation works. I'm a new follower from the GFC blog hop! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for dropping by! This foundation has a light coverage. Very smooth and quite sheer. I love lighter foundation and I'm quite happy with this.

      Following you back :)

      Delete
  6. Revlon is a bit hit and miss with their foundations but it sounds like this one is working quite well for you, though this might not be for those looking for something higher coverage. I really want to try that Tarte powder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a lot of experience finding a good foundation. This one is very light-weight which I love. The Tarte amazonian clay powder is amazing. The foundation is not very matte and the powder help set everything in place. You should definitely try it!

      Delete
  7. This foundation broke me out badly, too bad 'cause I like the "Naked" feeling on my skin when I wear it! What is your shade in any L'oreal liquid foundations that you have? I'm trying to switch to Loreal liquid foundation to see if it works for me. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried any of the Loreal liquid foundation. The mousse one I got is in the shade buff beige but it's a bit too dark for me. If you like naked foundation, highly suggest you try the Chanel vitalumiere aqua. It's so light and has enough coverage. Just perfect for summer.

      Delete