Mar 1, 2013

J. Crew Wonderland Puffer

I have been doing extremely good at resisting all the promos J. Crew has been throwing at us for the past couple of months. Felt like the hard core of winter has passed and spring is not quite here yet. Would rather wait until splurge on some spring items.

With their 40% off sale a couple of weekends ago, I caved in. I have been eyeing on their outerwear. First it was the lady day coat. Then it was the duffle coat. But I find a puffer would suit my lifestyle better. I was contemplating on whether to get the wonderland puffer or the wintress puffer. Wintress puffer is a longer coat while the wonderland puffer is the shorter, sporty version.


J. Crew Wonderland Puffer in size S (here)


The Wonderland Puffer has been around for a few seasons. I am not sure if it is a catalog/online item only or not as I have never seen it in store. 

After stalking for popbacks a few early mornings(yes, when J. Crew has their 40% off promo, my biological alarm clock kicks in and would force myself to wake up at 530 am), I finally managed to snag this in my color and my size. It was $218 originally, on sale for $115.99 and I got it 40% off making it an amazing deal to pass at $69.


I like the the gold snap on buttons at the front of the jacket and also on the 2 side front pockets to have a more detailed look. The top collar can be worn closed in for warmth or can be worn open in the first picture.


Has a hood which can be removed. I really like this feature as I can remove the hood easily for a sleeker look without the bulkiness.


Worn with the hood on. This jacket is true to its size and fits very comfortably. I just love puffer jackets which give you the warmth and comfort. A very cozy jacket but yet still looks chic.


Here is the back of it

Even though the weather has been quite warm for the past few days, I'm sure we will still get some cold days and can't wait to wear this. 


*** Check out my 600 Follower Giveaway***


15 comments:

  1. Love the short version of the wintress puffer.It looks sleek in the black and you cant go wrong with that!

    Great buy!!!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was contemplating on whether to get the wintress or the wonderland puffer. I like both but I have a few other longer winter coats so thought I would switch up and get a short. This is amazingly warm. Loving it!

      Have a great weekend :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for linking up to my weekend Beauty Bloggers Blog Hop! Hope to see you there next weekend too <3

    Jessi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great price! You always get really good J Crew bargains :) This looks to be so comfortable and warm - a must for the colder months :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just amazed at how much mark up retailers are. So I always watch for sales and great deals.

      Delete
  4. wow what a fabulous deal! this cool is such a good classic. thanks for stopping by my blog - following you now :)
    -- jackiejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love shopping and when I spot a great deal, it is even sweeter.

      Thanks for following back, so sweet of you!

      Delete
  5. That jacket is really awesome! Such alcassic piece! :) Following you on GFC. It will be great if you can check out my blog and maybe follow me back. .)

    Kisses, Lucy :)
    stylewithoutlimits.blogspot.cz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loving this new jacket. Extremely warm and not bulky at all.

      Thanks for dropping by, following back :)

      Delete
  6. Yay!! I have this from last year in forest green and LOVE it. It has been my go to jacket this winter, so I am sure you will get a lot of use out of it :) I'm waiting for another sale because I want to buy the longer version too! Hope it pops back in my size!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I have seen you in that and so cute in it! I'm glad the weather has turned cold for the past few days so I can truly test it out to see how warm it is and it is. Glad I got it. I'm waiting for another sale too :)

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never tried that soap but OMG it looks amazing!

    XO
    Pearls & Paws

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great fitted puffer! I have been feeling proud at resisting JC's last few promos as well - is it ridic that I need to remind myself that just because there's a promo, I don't HAVE to find something to buy? ;o)

    ReplyDelete