Sep 12, 2013

September Ipsy Bag 2013

Surprised to receive my September Ipsy bag this early. Always happy to receive them earlier than late.


This month's bag is a very cute royal blue one. Included also is Michelle Phan's new cosmetic line, em cosmetic, sampler.



Included in this cardboard life palette sampler is 3 eye and 1 blush. The blush color is very pretty. A lighter pale peach shade. Excited to try these out as em cosmetics is not shipping to Canada  yet :(


Freeman Facial Hydrating Paper Mask in A Rose, Starfruit & Blue Agave
I haven't heard of this brand before. I love paper masks. They are easy to apply. Slab it on your face for a few minutes and usually does not require any rinsing. The ones I got is rose which helps brighten and tone, Blue Agave which hydrates dry thirsty skin, and Star Fruit which purifies and helps controls oil. All three of them suit my skin type. Very excited and happy to receive these.




J. Cat Fantabulous Lipstick in Honeycrisp
Very nice nude shade which I don't have in my lipstick collection. 



Other 3 products included:
NYX eyeshadow in Cryptonite
Starlooks Kohl Eye Pencil in K01 Obsidian
Elizabeth Mott It's So Big Volumizing Mascara

The NYX single eyeshaodw is a dark charcoal grey shadow with a bit of shimmer. Very pretty.

The other 2 products, the Starlooks kohl eye pencil and the mascara, are just ok. I am not too crazy about these as I have received many kohl eye pencils and mascara in my beauty subscription bags that I just throw in my stash and end up giving them to friends or my nieces.

Overall, I'd rate my September Ipsy bag as 3 stars out of 5. I have a few products that I am excited to try out but 2 of them are plain boring ones to me. 


7 comments:

  1. omg! wish i got the paper mask, those look fun!! you got your bag so quick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised my bag arrived so early this month. I love paper masks and excited to try those out :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I love paper masks and happy to receive these in this month's bag :)

      Delete
  3. The palette looks promising! :)

    Pink Confessions
    www.krzteli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excite to try it out. Hopefully I won't like it too much as I'm in Canada and they don't ship here yet :)

      Delete
  4. I'm curious to see what I'll get in my bag.

    ReplyDelete