Apr 3, 2014

Night Time Skincare Routine

Night Time Skincare Routine

My night time skincare routine is relatively simple. Certainly has stepped up from my "younger days" :)

I concentrate mostly on thoroughly cleaning off my makeup as clogged pores are the main reason for causing breakouts, at least for me. I have given up using makeup cleansing wipes and switched to using cleansing oil. Josie Maran Argan Oil is my current favorite. It has an amazing citrus scent and removes all my makeup, including the stubborn waterproof mascara.

I have dark circles and puffy eyes unfortunately. I have been using Shiseido White Lucent Anti-Dark Circles Eye Cream for a few months and I find it really helps with lightening up my dark under eye area and puffiness in the morning. It is pricey but you only need a little bit. I also started adding Ole Henriksen Ultimate Lift Eye Gel PM. This is an eye gel which is a bit sticky when first applied. But I like how moisturizing it is. I always find with just a night eye cream, it could be quite dry and tight at the outer corners of my eyes.

Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate has been in my routine for more than 2 years. It is not super greasy and you only need a few droplets for your entire face. It makes your skin so soft. I apply this before I put on my Origins Starting Over Age Erasing Moisturizer. 


When I add up all the skin care products I am currently using, it is quite scary of how much they cost. But I believe as we age, our skin needs more care and pampering. Don't we miss our simple younger skin care routine?!

What are your night time skin care rituals? What is one product you can't live without?



9 comments:

  1. i have been using the kielhs midnight recovery concentrate and I am in love... not sure how I'll ever be without it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't it great? I love this. My bottle usually last for more than a year and the price is very reasonable. I, too, don't know how I will be without it.

      Delete
  2. I also have been using the shiseido skin care and I love it for my under eyes! I feel this is really the only thing that helps to control my dark circles.

    Lana xoxo
    lanasmakeupbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried many eye creams and the Shiseido one is very promising and I feel it really helps with my under eye area. What other products do you recommend from Shiseido?

      Delete
  3. I sure miss my younger skincare routine, it was so simple!
    I haven't tried any of these products, but I do use other products from some of these brands and they're all great.
    It can be overwhelming at times finding the right product because there are just so many! And when I like a product I like to try more from that brand, but at the same time if I already have something that works from another brand I don't want to switch it up. Too many options!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same with me, when I'm impressed with the brand's one product, I would be more encouraged to try others in the line. There are so many options in the market. Sometimes it is so hard to choose from. I usually rely on reviews and experience with the brand.

      Delete
  4. I love using oils on my face instead of makeup remover! All these products sound amazing!

    Found your blog on the blog hop, now following :)

    xx

    peacelovefashionxoxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love makeup facial wipes but switched to cleansing oil and my skin is significantly better.

      Thanks for stopping by, following back :)

      Delete
  5. im a new user of Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate :) so far im loving it and youre right about it not being greasy even if sometimes i use it in the morning and go for a jog it doesnt go greasy like other moisturizing products ive tried, my only complaint about it is i wish it had that distinct lavender scent like their eye cream version :)

    ReplyDelete