Dec 16, 2015

2015 Favorites


Can't believe the end of the year is here already. There are a few new products I discovered this year which literally blew my mind and have been using it every single day since I got them. 


Face:
Chosungah 22 C& T Blender Fresh Mix Foundation 
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation
Dior Rosy Glow Healthy Glow Awakening Blush
Chosungah 22 24HR Ray Beam Highlighter
Burberry Earthy Blush
First Aid Beauty Vitamin Hydrating Mist

Very happy that my sister-in-law introduced me to the Korean brand, Chosungah22. I have two products from the brand which I adore. I have mentioned the C&T Blender Fresh Mix Foundation many times in my blog already. I love Korean dewy makeup look and have been searching high and low throughout the years to find a foundation which could give me the healthy dewy skin without making it look greasy. This is definitely the one. Their 24HR Ray Beam Highlighter is very similar to the Benefit High Beam but in a cream form which I prefer. It is easier to control the amount to apply and it blends effortlessly.

Burberry Earthy Blush is one of the first products I tried from Burberry. I got this deluxe mini size from the Burberry beauty box earlier in the year. I use the blush both as a neutral blush to give my skin some color or as a contour. 

Have been IN LOVE with my Dior Rosy Glow Blush. Didn't think much of if when I read all the raved reviews about this until I decided to swatch it and try it in store. I got this in May and have been using it exclusively EVERY SINGLE DAY ever since. All my other blushes are pushed aside.

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation  has been ignored and pushed to the back of my drawer for most part of the year. But so happy to rediscover it and have been using this non-stop. I like to apply this on top of Chosungah 22 C&T Blender Fresh Mix Foundation. Yes the C&T blender is a foundation already but it has very light coverage and for days that I want more coverage, I go to Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. Gives my skin a healthy dewy look and yet still look polished.

With the winter approaching, I can feel my skin slightly dehydrated at times, especially at mid-day. I like to spritz the First Aid Beauty Vitamin Hydrating Mist on top of my makeup to boost my skin. It has a very nice citrusy scent which I love.


Eye:
Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Mad Max Brown
Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel in Espresso

Have been using Kat Von D Tattoo liner for a while and recently I switched to Mad Max Brown which is a rich brown shade instead of the black and love it even more. The tattoo liner has the finest tip and if you're like an inexperienced winged eye liner like me, you would love this. Gives the most precise tip and it stays on all day long.

Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel is such an easy one to use. On days where I just want my brows to look neutral and "tamed", this is the one I grab.  The brush head is slightly thicker than the Benefit Gimme Brow but the gel formula really helps keeping my brows in place.


Burberry Complete Eye Palette

My first eye palette from Burberry. This is from their holiday collection with the gold compact. Just love how creamy the shadows are.  The shades are neutral and I use all 4 of them, unlike other palette I just use a couple of shades. 


Lip:
Sephora Cream Lip Stain in Marvelous Mauve
YSL Volupte Tint-in-Oil in 1 Rose You
YSL Glossy Stain in Coral Aquatique
Essence Lip Liner in Soft Berry

I love lip stains as I am the lazy type and hate to re-apply. What better way to have a bit of color on your lips and while everybody is busy re-applying lipstick after meals, I can just sit there and just apply lip gloss. If you like a true pink mauve, you have to try Sephora Cream Lip Stain in Marvelous Mauve. It is the perfect mauve you can ever get. The formula is creamy and non-drying. YSL Tint-in-Oil is such an innovative lip concept to me. Who would have thought to mix oil in lip products? I picked the shade 1 Rose You which is a soft pink but don't let that fool you and keep reapplying. The shade deepens as it sits longer on your lips. It is hydrating but only for a couple of hours. After that, I suggest to apply a lip gloss to keep your lips moisturized as it can dry your lips up if you keep applying. Another YSL lip product is Lip Stain. It has an unique applicator which makes application a breeze. It is not as drying as the tint-in-oil after a few hours. Essence Lip Liner in Soft Berry is my go-to liner. It is so affordable and the quality exceeds than most of the drug store liners. 

What have you discovered this year that you can't live without?





No comments:

Post a Comment