Dec 9, 2015

Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Palette

I wasn't going to get the new UD Gwen Stefani Palette. But the more I look at the swatches online and the cute packaging, not to mention I have always loved Gwen Stefani's neutral eye look with bold lips, I knew I was going to cave in sooner or later.

When Sephora offered their loyalty promotion gift card, I knew it is a sign to tell me I "need" this palette(for VIB rouge, $25 off your purchase of $50). This palette is CAD $70 and it contains 15 eyeshadows. With the $25 off, makes it a sweeter deal.



The palette has a very interesting top. When I first looked at pictures online, I thought the palette has 24 shadows and come in a case with slots where you could place the eyeshadows of your choice in each row. But then realized it wasn't the case.



I watched videos of Gwen Stefani being interviewed. From the packaging design to each shadow, she is very much hands-on. She hand picked the shades and helped name each individual shadow.





Also included in this palette is a sample card of 4 lipsticks.


I love Urban Decay eyeshadows. From pigmentation, creaminess to how easily they blend, they are my favorite. When you look at this palette, love it even more when they include more than a couple of matte shadows. There are a few shades I am not too sure about, namely the pink and the vibrant blue. Will have to explore and experiment some more before I give my verdict.

What is the deciding factor that you know the palette is for you? Color scheme, packaging, limited edition, or partnered with a celebrity that you adore?




No comments:

Post a Comment