Feb 12, 2016

NYX Liquid Suede Lipstick in Tea & Cookies

NYX is probably one of my favorite drugstore brands. They have a wide variety of affordable products which are of great quality. We used to have NYX at Target but sadly all the Target stores are closed in Canada now. We have NYX at Rexall but the variety is slim. So happy that we now have NYX Canada and Shoppers Drug Mart is carrying the brand.

My Shoppers Drug Mart is getting NYX and they have put out some products. I was pleasantly surprised and had to grab the liquid suede lipstick to try out.


NYX Liquid Suede in Tea & Cookies

Tea & Cookies is a muted tea pink mauve shade. 




Liquid Suede is described as "velvety soft matte finish and waterproof". Doesn't that sound like a dream?



This shade is very pretty. But I find it a bit tricky to apply. When I apply the first coat, it is so hard to get an even coat. The formula is creamy and supposed to glide on effortlessly. But it is quite streaky and patchy. Since it is a cream formula, it doesn't dry off to a totally matte finish which I don't mind at all, as I find most liquid lipsticks which claim to dry to matte finish are very drying on the lips. It is a bit tacky and even after a whole hour, it is still tacky. When I am wearing this, I try not to smack my lips too much as when I do that, the product would move and leave a crusty residue on lips which is not pretty. Also, when re-applying, I have to make sure I don't have patchy lips, otherwise, it would make it more uneven to apply. 


NYX Liquid Suede is a cream liquid lipsitck so I am comparing this to the Too Faced Melted Liquified Lipstick in Peony.


The Too Faced one is a bit glossy when applied. It is more moisturizing and a breeze to apply and re-apply compared to the NYX one. 

I don't know if it is just shade I got is streaky and patchy or not. From other reviews I read, the darker shades are probably better. There is another shade I want to try is the Soft-Spoken which is more of a mauve nude shade. 

Another product I want to try is their new Lip Lingerie which is supposed to be dupes for the popular Kylie Jenner's LipKit. Can't wait for my store to put these up on shelves. 

Do you like NYX products and what are your favorites and must-have?

No comments:

Post a Comment