Mar 12, 2016

All About the "Base"


I don't wear a lot of makeup. Usually a very simple eye look with a mauve lip. But I take my base makeup very seriously. I think with a good base, any foundation would apply beautifully on top and save myself a lot of touch up work later on in the day.

1. I start with La Roche Posay Anthelios every day 365 days a year, overcast or sunny, winter or summer. When I was in my 20's, I was a big sun-worshipper and too much tanning did major damage to my skin. This is my holy grail facial sunscreen and this is not greasy at all and perfect to apply underneath makeup.

2. To combat my dark under eye area, I use Graftobian HD Glamour Creme Correctors. I use two colors, a pink one and an orange one. I usually apply the orange one first and then use the pink one on top. This formula is super creamy and easy to blend out for delicate under eye area.

3. Next come my favorite: Chosungah 22 C&T Blend. It literally gives my skin life. Wake up my skin and give it a natural dewy finish. Very sheer coverage. So I usually use this as a base and then apply a lightweight foundation or tinted moisturizer on top. It evens out my skin tone and gives it a luminous touch. I have used up 2 of these already and will continue to use it.

4. To cover up my under eye dark circles, I go to It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer. Hands down the best under eye concealer I have ever used. I use the shade medium and this creamy formula is perfect. You only need a tiny amount of product as a little goes a long way. 

5. For blemishes, I use Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette. I got a few backups of this when Target closed its doors in Canada last year. I really like this and I will have to find an alternative once I use up this one.

6. Another Target find was Pixi Flawless Vitamin Veil. It can be used as a foundation or as a blur-perfector. I use this to smooth out big pores and still gives a natural finish.

7. Last but not least is Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder. For my It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer, you definitely need to set it with powder. Otherwise, it would look too "greasy". I also use this on my t-zone to set the oiliest part of my face. 

These may seem excessive for a simple base makeup, but I truly believe when I have a good base on, whether I want a full-on makeup or a no makeup makeup look, it is so easy afterwards. Apply a bit of foundation, slab on some bronzer and blush, eyeliner and brows, put some neutral lip color and I can go on the day without much touch up at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment