Sep 10, 2018

Totally Worth the Hype - Kylie Cosmetics Lip Kit -Posie K

Have been wanting to try the Kylie Cosmetics Lip Kit for the longest time. But since it is not readily available in Canada, I kind of gave up on getting my hands on the highly-raved lip product in recent years.

I was just browsing in the mall last weekend and saw a display at the Show Case (store which sells mostly as seen on TV info-mercial programs). Saw the Kylie Cosmetics Lip Kits and glad I went inside to check them out. They didn't have a whole lot of shades. But I quickly decided on the shade I want.



Posie K


Left: Liquid Lipstick in Posie K
Right: Lip Liner in Posie K

Left: Angel
Right: Posie K

I bought two kits. Posie K for myself and Angel for my sister-in-law. Since it was a gift, I didn't swatch Angel but it seems to be MLBB but has more of a beige undertone.


Kylie Matte Liquid Lipstick comes in a tube with your standard doe foot applicator. The shade I picked is Posie K which is a MLBB shade, is described as a cool mid-tone berry shade. It doesn't have a lot of brown in it which I am happy about as I have a lot of MLBB shades like that in my collection. 

Review:  It has a sweet dessert scent. I am not a big fan of the scent but it does not linger on long fortunately. I line my lips with the lipliner in the kit and apply the liquid lipstick on top. Very smooth and buttery. When first applied, it is glossy but after a few seconds, it dries off to a matte finish. I have tried many liquid lipsticks and this one performs so well in terms of how easy it is for application. Lasting power is amazing. At least a good 6 hours, even after eating. I don't even have to bring the lipstick out to re-apply midday. No transfer. You would think for a formula that long-lasting, it would dry your lips. But not surprisingly. I don't even apply lip balm before application and my lips feel fine throughout the whole day.


3 hours after first application and this picture was taken right after I had lunch (salad with a lot of dressing)

This lipstick just doesn't budge. I do need to remove it with eye makeup remover at the end of the day . I now understand fully why this receives so much rave in the makeup industry. My current holy grail liquid lipsticks are from Too Faced(check out my blog post on my collection). Compared to Too Faced, Kylie liquid lipstick is more long-lasting. For the Too Faced ones, I do have to re-apply after meals. 


Left: Kylie Posie K
Middle: ColourPop Ultra Satin Lip in Wink
Right: Sephora Cream Lip Stain in Marvellous Mauve

You bet I am going to visit another Showcase store and see if they have more shades selection from Kylie Cosmetics.








No comments:

Post a Comment