Nov 30, 2018

November Favorites


Have tried a lot of new products in the past couple of months and have found some new gems.

Skincare:

Found this gentle but very effective exfoliator. When it says peeling gel, it always worries me a little. But it turns out to be very gentle and it is super satisfying to see little peels after you rub product into skin, making skin feels smoother afterwards.


Sephora Favorites from Tokyo to Soko

SKII Treatment Essence
I got to try the hyped SKII Treatment Essence. I got this from the Sephora Favorites skincare set(from Tokyo to Soko). I believe this is currently sold out online. I grabbed mine during the Sephora VIB sale earlier this month. The Treatment Essence is very moisturizing and I use it every morning for the Korean 7-skin method(patting essence into skin multiple times to hydrate skin). 

I also got this Drunk Elephant Vitamin C serum from the Sephora VIB sale. I got a deluxe sample size in the duo set to try. This is my first time using vitamin C serum and I highly recommend this for beginners as this is gentle enough. I apply this in the morning and then my sunscreen. This has a very nice fragrant and texture is not too thick as I heard some vitamin C has really strong scent and thick in texture. I use this little deluxe size every day and it has almost been a month and I still got a little bit left. I find it helps with hyperpigmentation of old acne scars. It does fades a little but not right away so don't expect miracles when you use it for a few days.

Whenever I have a breakout or a little pimple, I like to cover it up but often find at the end of the day, the pimple got worse. This Bye Bye Breakout concealer has enough coverage even though it is quite light in texture. It is easy to blend and I like to dab a fair amount on my blemish. It covers up completely and at the end of the day when I remove my makeup, I find the pimple calms down significantly. So at my night time routine, after cleansing my skin and I apply my regular blemish cream, it takes a lot less time for it to heal.

Face Roller
I have read a lot of reviews on face rollers. I just got mine from HomeSense for $9.99. I know price ranges widely. I am not sure if the more expensive ones are much better but I like using mine both in the morning to help depuff my face and also at night when I am using a face sheet mask. It helps skin absorb products much better and it really does help with depuffing face.


From L to R:
BareMinerals XOX
Giorgio Armani Lip Magnet 510
Innisfree My Lip Balm  in Ruby Grapefruit Tea

I have tried a handful of new lip products this past couple of months. This Armani Lip Magnet is probably one of best finds I tried. This is a liquid lipstick which has amazing staying power and not over-drying. The shade is to die for. It is a beautiful rose color which is so perfect for winter.

If you are looking for a moisturizing lipstick to throw in your purse, this is the one for you. The shade is XOX. It is your MLBB shade and it is so easy to apply and I love having this in my purse. It pretty much matches any makeup look and doesn't matter what lipstick you have on, it can always layer on top to give your lips a nice touch up and moisture.

Innisfree My Lip Balm in Ruby Grapefruit Tea
This is a very thick texture tinted lip balm. I have it in the shade Ruby Grapefruit Tea which is a muted coral shade. I apply it as a tinted lip balm during the day and also at night time as a lip mask. 

Have you found any gems this month?


No comments:

Post a Comment