Dec 12, 2018

Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter Review

I have oily combo skin and when I was younger, I hated the look of oiliness on my face. But there is a big difference between oily and healthy glow. As I am getting older and skin is slightly drier, I am craving for makeup products which can give me the healthy glow. That is one the main reason I love using cushion foundations from Korea as they are very hydrating and give my skin a boosting effect.

I am not a big fan of glittery highlighter. As I don't wear a lot of makeup, I like products which are more natural-looking. My holy grail has been the Chosungah 22 24H Raybeam Highlighter. I have been using that for years and love it. However, not sure if it is being discontinued or what, it is getting harder to buy it online. So I am branching out and on the hunt for alternatives.


Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter 

Hollywood Flawless Filter from Charlotte Tilbury has received mixed reviews. Some are raving about how flawless it makes your skin become. Some are saying it is just too oily. Also there are reviews about how to use this product. Is it a foundation? Is it a primer? Is it a highlighter?


Product comes in a glass bottle. It comes with a very big and chunky doe foot applicator. If it is a foundation, it should be equipped with a pump . Since I read reviews and people say that a little goes a long way, I assume this is used more of a primer or highlighter.



I picked the shade 4 Medium which is a neutral golden yellow shade for medium skin tone. I was contemplating between 4 and 2 which has a more peachy tone. I decided on 4 even though it is a bit darker but as I am planning to use it mixed with foundation or a primer, thought this shade should work.

I have been using this as a primer to give my skin a booster kick to mimic a healthy glow. I dab a few drops on my cheeks and a couple of dabs on my forehead. I don't know if I dab too little or not, but the effect is so subtle. Even when I try to examine my skin under bright day light, it is not noticeable at all. 

Another way I have been testing this product out is to mix the Hollywood Flawless Filter with my foundation. Find that is more worthwhile in applying the product. At least I can see a slight glow on my cheeks. I want to show you guys the before and after but the effect is so subtle that it is hard for the camera to pick up. Only way to see it is during direct sunlight and when I turn my head that I can catch a glimpse of the glow. 

If you are looking for a "bam in your face" highlighter, this may not be the product for you. This is quite pricey, CAD $50 for the amount of product you get. If you like a very subtle glow, this may work for you.  I am going to continue experimenting with this product and try out more ways to pair this up with different foundations and see if this has a more dramatic effect to make this product worthwhile.





No comments:

Post a Comment