Feb 4, 2019

My AM Skincare Routine


Canadian winters are cold and harsh. Last week we had major snow storm followed by frigid cold days of -20C. Today is a little better. Bounce back to 6C. Better enjoy it while we can :) 

I have oily combo skin which with age, it seems to lean more towards normal. But in this cold dry winter with the indoor heat blasting non-stop, my skin needs more hydration. I like simple skincare routine especially in the morning.

I still 'practice' the Korean 7-skin method, layering essence several times right after I wash my face to prep my skin. Secret Key Essence has been my go-to as it is super affordable and does the job well. I am almost done with this and I have a new brand I would like to try out after this. I swear with the 7-skin method, it really help with helping my skin lock in moisture.


For eye cream, I like to layer 2. I am using the Origins Dr. Andrew Well Mega-Bright Dark Circle Minimizer with First Aid Beauty Eye Duty Triple Remedy. I got the First Aid Beauty Eye  Duty Triple Remedy from Winners at a deeply-discounted price. I like the cool metal applicator to help depuff my eyebags. The Origins one claims to minimize dark circle and has a slight tint to it. I haven't noticed a majorly difference but it is ok moisturizing so I will keep using it.

Then I apply Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum. I get this from their duo-set. This has to be my third set and this little bottle usually last me a whole month. I'd rather get this in the smaller size as vitamin C has a short shelf live and once it is in contact with air, it loses its effectiveness. Price-wise, it is not bad compared to getting it in the full-size. So I would continue to get this set(comes with a hydration serum which I love as well)as long as it is available.


La Roche Posay Anthelios is still my go-to sunscreen. I have been using this for years and will continue to use this. 

I will let all this sink in for a couple of minutes and then apply my day time moisturizer: First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream Intense Hydration. It is a super hydrating moisturizer. When I first got it, I use it at night. But now with the cold dry winter, I use it in the morning. It is quite thick in texture but absorbs quickly.


No comments:

Post a Comment