Aug 3, 2012

Revlon Kissable Balm Stain review

Ever since I read about the awesome Revlon kissable balm stain, I was excited to get my hands on those. However, where I live, the new stock does not usually appear in stores for a couple of months(yes, that is the fun of small town living!)

I love the Revlon lip butter and have got way too many colors than I need. So this time, I have decided to try a couple of colors for everyday wear. I tend to stay away from very bright or deep colors. Feel the  lighter colors look more natural on me than trying too hard. 

Since these hot Revlon Kissable balm stains are no where to be found in where I live and being as impatient as I am, I turned to ebay. 


Top: Darling
Bottom: Honey





left: Darling
right: Honey

Got these shipped from the States and I am pleasantly surprised to receive them within a week. 

Honey is the first shade I was drawn to as this is my typical go-to lip color. Has a bit of a brownish, mauve undertone.

Darling is more sheer and on the swatch on my arm, it was 4 swabs before it came to this color. Honey is just 1 swab.


Honey on me


Darling on me

These kissable balm stains are extremely easy to apply, just like a lipstick. When you first apply it, you can feel the menthol in the stain. Guess it is the balm property. Not very strong menthol scent but if you are sensitive to menthol, you may want to stay away from these as the scent would linger on for a minute or two.

The staying power is pretty impressive. I only have to apply it once throughout the day with a few drinks and snacks in between. For the laziness in me, these balm stains are the answers to my solution. I hate re-applying lipsticks constantly. 

I have also used the Benetint which is a lip/cheek stain. Those come with a brush and you would need a few dots of the stain on your cheek/lip. You have to apply and rub them out fairly quickly as they do set pretty quickly. These, however, do not set quickly as other lip stains so more time to apply it properly.


In comparison, I grabbed the Revlon just bitten lip stain and balm. This was released a few years back, I believe.


It is a marker felt tip for the lip stain and lip balm on the other side.


the color I got is beloved


Beloved on me

I have been using the Revlon just bitten lip stain and balm for 2 weeks consistently. I find the marker felt tip of the lip stain not very easy to apply. More like a lip-liner. It sets pretty quickly though so you have to move fast. Then would flip to the other side to apply the lip balm.

The staying power is not as impressive as the new kissable balm stain. So I can fully understand why the kissable balm stains are such a great hit.

I am tempted to get a few more colors but will probably wait until they are available in my local drugstores or if I go to the city soon, will grab a few to swatch.


20 comments:

  1. Ooooo! I love the colour of Darling, I swatched it the other day and regret not buying it now, definitely on my 'to buy' list haha

    Great post, thanks for sharing :)

    Laura xx
    http://laurasallmadeupbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's very addictive. Now that I have tried 2 and want to try out other more nude colors as well. Just hope they will make it to our drugstores here soon.

      Delete
  2. I wear Honey every day! I've also got Romantic and Sweetheart for fancy lip color days! Love the review!

    Taylor

    ohwelltatslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Romantic and Sweetheart are gorgeous colors as well. I also want to try charm or cherish. Since the staying power is so strong and it is so pigmented, I want to try other light colors.

      Delete
  3. I love the honey one i bought it a few weeks ago and love it <3

    http://nattieness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. honey is such a gorgeous color, perfect for every day.

      Delete
  4. eeeeeeeeeee!! i've been so excited about these! i saw these at superstore today and i am so happy they have finally made their way over here!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm dying to go to the city to get some more colors. Glad they made it across the border :)

      Delete
  5. Honey looks like a very nice everyday color!

    kassicalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the first color that I picked out. The color is perfect for everyday.

      Delete
  6. I have one of the felt tip versions but I don't like it at all, it feels really inky and harsh when I apply it (though the staining power is pretty impressive). Honey looks so lovely on you, a really wearable MLBB colour - I think I need that one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, the felt tip version is not even close to what these ones are. So hard to apply. Loving these and going to get some more shades.

      Delete
  7. thanks for the great review! :)
    i love these and reach for them almost daily. these are great for laying some color on my lips and i usually apply gloss over.
    the colors you picked look great on your lips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much! I love these and I think I will wear these a lot. Just a side note that I find it kind of hard to remove at the end of the day. Often a few harsh scrubs with eye makeup remover and the stain would eventually rub off.

      Delete
  8. Great comparison! I really don't like felt tip lip stains. I ordered a bunch from Lise Watier without really thinking because they were on sale and I totally regret it. I feel like it's so hard to get even colour distribution with a felt tip. I have yet to pick up these new Revlon ones, but I cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when I went to to the drug store, I mistakenly grabbed the felt tip ones thinking they were the ones I was looking for. Was I ever sorry! Those are not good and so hard to apply evenly. Hope these ones will be available here soon as I'm dying to get more shades.

      Delete
  9. i really want to get the new kissable balm stain! thanks for this review, by the way! i'm thinking of giving this one a try too. :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Twisted Orchid Giveaway -- Win any bag of your choice! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. these ones are really great. Easy to apply and the unbelievably long staying power. I can't wait to get my hands on other shades.

      Delete
  10. Sounds like a great product!

    http://www.opinionatedaboutopi.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a great lip stain and doesn't dry out lips. No wonder so many people rave about this.

      Delete