Oct 21, 2013

Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation Review

I have been using the Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation every day since I got my Sephora order almost 2 weeks ago. There is a lot said when I use a foundation consistently for that long. 

What it is:
A breakthrough gel foundation that’s antiaging, long-wearing, and awakens your skin to its ideal radiance and clarity.

What it does:
Erase the past, perfect the present, and protect the future. Formulated with lifestyle ingredients and Buoyancy Gel™ technology, Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation creates a weightless, natural veil that never settles into fine lines. An infusion of Soft Focus Powder reflects light to minimize imperfections, while revitalizing multi-vitamins provide supreme hydration for even application and luxurious wear.

What else you need to know:
This versatile formula builds easily from natural to full coverage, providing supreme hydration for a radiant finish.




The shade is 32 Beige Light. I am a MAC NC 30 and a Chanel 30 for reference. There are 16 shades to choose from which is excellent. There are some brands of foundation which offer a few shades which make it extremely difficult to match your skin tone perfectly. 


Far left is the swatch of the foundation

This foundation is a lightweight one. Not as liquid-y as the Chanel Aqua Lumiere and the L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder Foundation. But it is not as thick as your ordinary high coverage foundation. As you can tell from my swatch, it is easily-blendable and yet still provides light coverage.

I apply this foundation with my Sigma F80 kabuki brush. I use about 2 pumps for my whole face for a light-medium coverage. I have normal combination skin which I get oily easily on my t-zone, especially my nose. I find this foundation perfect for my skin type. I don't even have to use a setting powder to set it which is almost non-heard of in my book. I like how my skin looks with this foundation. Very skin-like but much better. It even out my skin tone making it "almost" flawless. I like foundation like this which "fakes" bare skin but of course I am not one of those gals who can run out the door without any makeup. This is extremely natural and lightweight that you won't even know you are wearing any foundation. 

I would say if you have drier skin, this foundation may not be the one for you. I have a few blemishes which I apply some spot-healing gel on which dries it up and when I put on concealer on the spot, I notice the foundation clings on the dry spot. So if you have dry skin, you may make this foundation work if you moisturize your face really well to avoid dry patchy spots. 




This is how the foundation looks on me. I am loving it paired with my new favorite highlight, Josie Maran liquid illuminizer. 

Overall, I am really happy with my new foundation. Only downside is its price tag. It is CAD $58 for 1 fl. oz. If you have similar skin type as me, I highly recommend this one to try. With so many shades to choose from, best is to go to Sephora and try out the swatches and request a small sample to use before committing to buy it. 




3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review!
    I have very dry skin,so it might not be for me,even though I like it according to how it looks on you.
    Right now I am using Dior foundation and might try this one after I am finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this foundation might not work if you have very dry skin, unless you put on a thick moisturizer underneath. Get a small sample to try it out though.

      Delete
  2. Hey
    We don't have Marc Jacobs makeup in Denmark, but I was wondering what color I am in Marc Jacobs, because really want to try the foundation.
    I'm NC 25-30 in mac and in chanel perfection lumiere I'm a number 30.
    However, I am 20 in chanel vita.

    I think I can fit beige light, just like you. What do you think, from the those information?

    ReplyDelete