Oct 29, 2014

October Empties


Did pretty good in finishing some products this month. Sometimes it is just hard to stick committing to finish up one particular thing before having the urge to start something new.

Lush Prince Charming Shower Gel
It is from Lush's Valentine's Day limited edition collection. I got a couple of these and sad to see this used up as I love it so much. Hopefully they will come up with something similar next year.

Lush Big Shampoo
Another tub used up and I am still loving it. This keeps my hair squeaking clean. So with that said, I only use this on my roots so the ends would not be too dry. It is a purifying shampoo so if your hair is dry and damaged, I don't suggest using this often.

Batiste Dry Shampoo in Tropical 
I have tried many different versions of Batiste dry shampoo and this is by far my favorite. There are ones to boost up volume. Those ones leave my hair with texture and extra residue which is hard to rinse off. Even brushing out several times would not help. This one is scented the nicest and leave the minimal residue behind.

Tresemme Thermal Heat Protectant
My usual heat protector before I blow dry my hair. Really does the job and it is affordable.

Lavanila Natural Deodorant in Vanilla Grapefruit
Yes, it is a pricey kind of natural deodorant. I try to stay away from deodorant which contains too much chemicals. I'd rather pick one with more natural ingredients. Vanilla Grapefruit is my favorite scent and I have tried almost all the scents.

Fresh Soy Face Serum
I got this from a gift set. I love their Soy Face Cleanser and this serum is such a gentle but yet moisturizing serum. I am still contemplating on whether to get another one as this is pricey and I am trying to use up some of my other serum in my stash.

Maybelline Age Rewind Eraser
This has to be one of the best under eye concealers from the drugstore. Just so easy to apply with the sponge applicator. A few strokes under the eye and blend it with my Sigma F86 tapered kabuki brush. 

Origins Night-A-Mins Oil Free Moisturizer
My favorite night moisturizer. I much prefer the oil free version than the regular one as I find too sticky to my liking.


Two Bath and Body Works 3-wick Candles I finished:
London Calling
One of my all-time favorites from Bath and Body Works. This is probably my third or fourth one finished. I still have one more(yes I stocked up). Just the perfect blending of tea and lemon makes this such a pleasant candle to burn.

Pink Lemonade Pound Cake
This is from their summer bakery collection. I found this one the nicest one of the whole bunch as I find others a bit too sweet-scented.

I have finished up most of my summer scented candles and I have placed an order with Bath and Body Works for their fall collection. Small vent about this order. I have placed many online orders with them and they always have fast delivery(warehouse is in Detroit and they use ground Purolator and I usually get my order within 2 business days) . This time, they have changed their shipping carrier and it has been a week since I placed my order and it is still sitting in border transit. Who knows when my order will arrive. I just don't like the fact that when repeated customers are not made aware of this major change at time of placing online orders. Anyway, just a big turn off and I probably won't be ordering online from them anymore. Considering I paid US$20 for shipping, I expect faster and more reliable shipping.

8 comments:

  1. great job using products up this month! I love the prince charming shower gel as well :) i have just started using the lavanilla and although i still have some regular deodorants to use up too, so far i am definitely planning to switch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like Lavanila but for hot summer days, I would go for my regular deodorant :)

      Delete
  2. I'm completely obsessed with the Batiste Tropical dry shampoo! By far it's my favorite scent and I recently placed an order for 3 backups and 2 of another scent that I really am enjoying. Good job finishing up everything! :)

    skinstuffbykaty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad Tropical is also your favorite. I have so many other scents for backup but I am not planning to use them :(

      Delete
  3. Woo empties are so fulfilling. It's like "phew I used this up!" I'd love to sniff the London Calling candle. Tea & lemon is a magnificent combo. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼ ☯

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love lemon scents but this London Calling is something else. A bit more complex than your regular lemon scented candle. I really hope they would make that a permanent in their collection.

      Delete
  4. it is definitely hard to keep using something up rather than moving on... I struggle with that a lot! But you're right it does feel soooo good to finally finish something. Maybe one day I'll even finish up a color cosmetic hehe... I've never tried fancy deodorants before, hm another thing to add to wishlist...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's something I am working on: finishing up some color cosmetic which I haven't done one EVER! I have used up lipsticks before but for eyeshadows/blushes, nope.

      Delete