Aug 3, 2015

Dewy skin? You got to try Chosungah 22 C&T Blender(Round 3)


When it comes to latest makeup trend, Korean brands are very innovative. Very often, we see new products pop up in the Korean market and a few years later, they would slowly come to North America.

Chosungah 22 is a brand started by Korean first generation famous makeup artist, Chosungah. This is her second line as she sold her first one and this one branches out to both skin care and makeup products.

This C&T Blender is a product which has both skin care benefits and coverage as a makeup base. Doesn't that sound like a dream?

What it claims:
  • plumping effect
  • density of derma improvement
  • moisturizing with dewy finish
  • face volume
Main ingredients:
  • Persea Gratissima(avocado) fruit extract
  • Palmitoyl Isoleucine
  • Helianthus Annuus(sunflower) seed oil
  • Lupinus Albus seed oil
  • xylitylglucoside
  • Punica Granatum fruit extract

Isn't the packaging interesting? It comes in a sleek silver container. There is a push button and you just push and twist the bottom at the same time to dispense the product. The product comes out through a flat round sponge and you just dab the product and gently pat into your skin.



 In real life, the product does not come up in a perfect twist combination like shown in the ad picture. It comes out mixed with foundation and serum.


There are only 2 shades available and I picked the darker of the two shades: 02 Sand Beige.

I heard about this product from my sister-in-law, who is always on top of Asian makeup trend. She said this product is very popular in Korea and Taiwan. Perfect if you love the beautiful Korean dewy, glowy, luminous skin. It also blurs out imperfections and still gives a natural finish. With all that said, I knew I would "HAVE" to try that.

The product is quite hard to get a hold of. My sister-in-law is getting hers from a friend in Asia who is shipping it to her. I tried to find mine online and fortunately found a Korean ebay seller who just happened to have the last one with the shade I want.



Bare skin 


with Chosungah 22 C&T blender applied to high points of cheeks, blended out

As you can tell from the picture, my skin immediately looks dewy, not greasy or oily. It also evens out my skin tone. You only need very little product. When I first tried using the product, I made the mistake of twisting up too much product and apply to my whole face. It not only look heavy and cakey. Plus my whole face looks too oily. I then learnt I only have to apply very little and just dab it on my cheeks and a little on my forehead. It does give a very light coverage. You can wear this product alone or apply a light foundation on top.



with Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation serum, Kat Von D Shade & Light Bronzer, Dior Rosy Glow blush 

I have tried a few of Korean makeup base to achieve the dewy skin but I have no luck until I tried this. This doesn't make my skin look oily and the dewy skin stays on all day long. Dewy skin gives the youthful glow and still very natural. It is perfect for summer or all year round.

Do you like dewy skin? What is your favorite product to achieve the look?

6 comments:

  1. Who doesn't love dewy skin? I've never heard of this type of product before. Korea is always so much ahead of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of this before my sis-in-law told me about it. But so far I am loving it as I love dewy skin but I have oily combo skin and other Korean makeup bases I tried make my skin look so greasy. Korean makeup is so advanced and who knows, maybe we will have something similar here in a couple of years :)

      Delete
  2. It looks beautiful on your skin. I may have to check it out. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much :) I have always like glowy dewy skin finish but thought with my oily combo skin, I can never try products like that. This is an exception and really glad I try this out.

      Delete
  3. wow it has a natural glow on your skin! lovely product!

    Celly | Asian Beauty and Makeup Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ever since I am into the Korean drama and admire those actresses' beautiful flawless dewy skin, I have been looking for the right product for myself. I think I have found one. So happy with my purchase.

      Delete