Jun 29, 2016

Dupes or Not


There are so many good beauty products in the market and often enough, you can easily find more affordable dupes from other brands which are only a fraction of the price. But how good are these dupes?

I have tried a few recently and can't wait to share my thoughts on these with you guys.


First up is Benefit Gimme Brow vs Essence Make Me Brow. These two are extremely similar in packaging. Both are tiny tubes with brush head applicators. I have used Benefit Gimme Brow for years and as much as I love it, $30 is a bit too pricey for the amount you get. Both products have tiny fibers which naturally gives volumes to your brows. Essence Make Me Brow is only about $3 which I think is a super good dupe for the Benefit one. 


Next is Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel vs NYX Tinted Brow Mascara. Price is $29 vs $9. Reason I love so much about the Anastasia one is it really keep my brows in place. Even though the brush is a bit big  and if you have thinner brows, the product would be outside your brows and it is messy to clean up. NYX one applicator is slightly easier to handle but the product does not necessarily hold my brows in place the whole day. 





Last one is actually not a dupable product. It is more of a replica. I watched Youtuber Amy Macedo's NARS Ita brush dupe video and decided to get the replica off Amazon to try it out myself. I have had the NARS Ita brush for years and you can see from the above picture(the one on the right) is well-loved. The NARS Ita brush is very pricey and do I want to cough up another $70 for another one? Not really so I picked up this replica for $2 or $3 from Amazon. The bristles of the original one is stiffer than the replica. The hairs are a bit longer on the replica. The original one sheds quite a bit, even to this day, after few years' use. I dare not wash it roughly any more. The replica one is softer to the touch. It sheds a bit on the first couple of uses. But after 4th or 5th use, it stops shedding significantly. For the price, I definitely would go for the cheaper version as I see not much difference in the application. 

So out of the 3 sets of products I have tried, I recommend the Essence Make Me Brow as the most dupable product and with only a fraction of the price of the Benefit Gimme Brow, I would pick up another one with no doubt.

Have you found any good dupes for pricey makeup products?
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment