Aug 30, 2016

August Empties


Summer is gone and school will start next week. August has been hot and humid, making a challenge for my skin to break out more. If you have read my previous posts about my obsession of sheet masks, you would know I have tried a lot of new sheet masks this month.  There are certainly hits and misses for these sheet masks. 


Hair Products:
Dove Refresh +Care Dry Shampoo
Batiste Tropical Dry Shampoo

I use extra dry shampoo in the summer time. Batiste is still my go-to. Dove is also very nice. It doesn't leave an obvious white powder residue. It smell amazing and I often use that to freshen up my hair, especially being out in restaurants where food scents are extra strong.

Skincare Products:
Drunk Elephant  B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Gel
GlamGlow Supermud Clearing Treatment
Boscia Makeup Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil
Clinique Clarifying Lotion
Effaclar Duo

Drunk Elephant hydration gel is a first product I try from the brand. It is a deluxe sample size I got from Sephora. It is very hydrating and perfect for the summer. Boscia cleansing oil is my favorite cleansing oil and this is my second bottle already. Effaclar Duo is also in my staple skin care routine. Can't live without that. GlamGlow Supermud Treatment used to be my go-to treatment mask. Whenever my skin is acting up, I spot treat with it and often it works miracles. This has to be my second or third finished jar. But this treatment is pricey and dries up quite fast. So I am switching up and trying out other products.

Clinique Clarifying Lotion was my first ever skin care product I was introduced when I was a teenager. Nice to use it again. It is a very effective toner. Might be a bit strong for sensitive skin at times though.

Makeup:
Chosungah22 C& T Blender Fresh Mix
Fresh Sugar Treatment in Petal

Chosungah22 C&T is my absolute favorite  makeup base/light coverage foundation. It gives my skin a healthy glow. Will always re-purchase this. Another staple is the Fresh Sugar Treatment. Even though it is a pricey lip balm, I always go back to that. 

Skincare:
Lush Celebrate Hand and Body Lotion

Love this Lush hand lotion. It is a bit too heavy for the summer time. But I used that throughout the winter and it helps moisturize my hands immensely.



I tried out a LOT of sheet masks this month. I know I shouldn't be trying out so many different brands and types in such a short period of time but I was home in Toronto earlier and I hoarded a lot of them and wanted to try them out and wanted to get more if they are good while I was in the city.

I am not going into detail in every single mask. Dr. Jart Water Replenishment is very hyped up and I found it at my Winners at a discount(half price). It performs just as well as my cheaper alternatives so I don't think I would buy any more. Sephora Charcoal Nose Strip is quite amazing. Much better than the drug store Biore one.


Forencos 7 Days Masks - I didn't try all these all in one week. I did try them all within a two-week period. To me, they all perform quite similarly. I got another box of  Black Pearl Brightening as I find that most promising.



Candles:
Bath & Body Works Strawberry Vanilla 3-Wick Candle
Bath & Body Works Pina Colada Smoothie 3-Wick Candle

Both are amazing summer scents and not overpowering. Hope they will come back next summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment