Jul 29, 2018

Applying Sunscreen over Makeup? Supergoop Setting Mist

In the hot summer months, we all have to look after our skin. I apply sunscreen in the morning religiously but I feel like my skin needs more sunscreen in the afternoon. How do you re-apply sunscreen mid-day over makeup?

When you have makeup on, you probably don't want to bring your regular sunscreen with you in your purse and re-apply sunscreen. I just want to reapply sunscreen and maybe blot off excess oil on my face. I don't want to bring my foundation, blush and bronzer and do my makeup all over. 

I have been looking for a sunscreen spray or preferably mist for a while. There are not too many choices in the market. Just by coincidence, I was watching Stylish&Literate's IG TV and she was talking about sunscreen mist. She bought the Kate Sommerville SPF Makeup Setting Spray and thought as the name suggested, it would be a SPF spray to be used over makeup. That's what I would have assumed. But upon reading the directions, the spray is not supposed to be used directly on your face. You're supposed to spray it on your hand and rub it on your face. Furthermore, it is in aerosol and you really need to be in a room with good ventilation. She suggested to get the Supergoop Setting Mist instead.




First Impression:

There is a slight scent. Not your regular sunscreen scent. It is not very strong but some people may find it otherwise. I am ok with that as the scent doesn't linger on. As I heard that in order for a sunscreen in spray form to work effectively, you need to spray a generous amount. The mist is quite fine and even though I spray a good amount, it doesn't make my face look overly wet. It dries off quite fast so you don't have to worry about your face being saturated with sunscreen. I usually spray it on mid-day on a hot summer day when my skin is a bit oily. After it dries off, it does take the shine away.

Overall, I am very happy with my purchase. It serves my purpose, protecting my skin with re-application of sunscreen without messing up my makeup. It does not break my skin out and seems to have a good protection.



SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment