Aug 20, 2018

Getting into the hype of The Ordinary

If you are a skincare junkie, you would probably have heard of The Ordinary. It is a skincare brand evolved from the popular Deciem brand. Usually when a new hyped skincare brand appears, everybody would love to try but with a hefty price tag.

What I am drawn to this brand is how many great reviews I have read and the price. Yes, they are so affordable. So why not give it a try?


The Ordinary products can be purchased from their website, Hudson's Bay and Well.ca etc



What I love about the Ordinary is how simple and easy to choose their products. They have a great variety and depending on your own skin concerns, you can easily pick what you need. Most products have their main ingredient as their product name. No need to guess if the product is what you think it is. 


Easy, simple packaging with regular dropper. Not fuss, no mess. 

Application:
After cleansing and before your serum and moisturizer. 

Layering:
You can layer up to 3 products at a time.(depending on which products, some products are recommended to be used alone)

I picked 4 products as my main concerns are hydration, anti-aging, hyperpigmentation and blemishes.       


I have been using these alternatively at night time after cleansing. For maximum results, they recommend to be used both am and pm. But I prefer to do them at night time as I'd like to have more time for them to be absorbed into the skin well before applying my moisturizer. At the beginning, I layer them but find it hard to pinpoint to which product works better for my skin. So after a couple of weeks, I decided to just concentrate on doing one product a couple of times a week. 

I find by targeting at what I would like to improve will help the products to work best. If I have a blemish surfacing, I would just put a couple of drops of Niacinamide on the problem area consecutive nights. Once they calm down, I would do either Matrixyl which provides hydration and elasticity. Or for days when my skin seems to be doing ok, I apply Buffet which is a product which targets at helping with targeting at multiple signs of aging at the same time.

I have only been using these products for a month now and for skin care products, I would need more time to experiment more to see significant results. But from what I have seen so far, I am very impressed with these products. Skin appears to be more plump and blemish-free. Even with the occasional blemishes surfacing, it takes much less time to heal. For hyperpigmentation, it seems a tiny bit of improvement. 

For their quality and price, they perform much better than a lot other expensive brands. If you are looking into getting some new skin care products to add into your routine, I highly recommend trying this brand. 





No comments:

Post a Comment