Jan 9, 2019

2018 Favorites



When it comes to favorites, I tend to stick to what work for me in the past. This past year, I have been branching out to try out new makeup and skin care products. When it comes to skin care products, it usually takes a while for me to notice the difference in my skin to really tell whether I like them or not.


For skin care, I started to incorporate the Korean 7-skin method in my morning routine. For those of you who are not familiar with this popular Korean skin care routine, this 7-skin method is worth-trying. Basically, after washing your face, apply a non-alcoholic essence/toner with a cotton pad. Then pat a generous amount of essence onto  your face. Leave for a minute and then repeat for 5 more times. For me, I usually repeat steps for 4 or 5 times and I feel my skin is hydrated enough. After that, apply your serum, moisturizer, sunscreen etc as normal. 

This is my second bottle and this is one of the best essences. It doesn't contain alcohol and this is very important to pick an essence without as alcohol will dry out your skin so the more you apply, the drier your skin will feel. This essence is very affordable. I got mine from Yesstyle.com and it is around CAD $23 and one bottle usually last me about 2 months.

Another great find from the same brand is the gentle yet effective exfoliator. Don't let the word 'peeling gel" scare you. This is such a gentle exfoliator that I can use every other day without irritating my skin. 

This is my first vitamin c serum I use. Vitamin C helps with fading hyperpigmentation and I am so happy that I finally try this. I got this in a Rise & Glow Duo. I read that Vitamin C has a relatively short lifespan and once you open a bottle, it oxidizes quite fast. So I prefer to get to get this in this smaller size and this bottle last me over one and a half month(I use this every morning). I apply this and then my sunscreen. After using this for consistently for over 3 weeks, I notice fading of my hyperpigmentation. 



I am so glad I decided to get this. I was contemplating whether this would be too "glowy" for me. Picked this up during the Sephora VIB Rouge sale in November and have been using this non-stop since I got it. You can use this as a primer, highlighter or a light-coverage foundation. I use this mostly as a highlighter. After I apply my cushion foundation, I dab a few dots of the flawless filter onto my cheeks to give my skin a healthy glow. For the past couple of days, I dab this as my foundation and I like the effect even better. 



This is my first liquid lipstick from Armani. I picked this up during the Sephora VIB Rouge sale as well. Otherwise, I would not as this is one the pricier side. But so glad I did as besides the Too Faced Melted Liquid lipsticks which have been my holy grail, I found a new love. I picked the shade 510. It is described as Tawny Rose but on my lips, it looks more like a rich rose without the lavender shade. It is not as long-lasting as the Too Faced ones but this one is very comfortable on the lips. Lasts a good 6 hours before I have to touch up or feel a bit dry on my lips. 



I am so late into getting into the game of this highly-hyped liquid lipstick as it is so hard to get my hands on these in Canada. I finally got to try the kit which includes a liquid lipstick and a lipliner. I picked up a couple and Posie is the shade I like better.

MAC Studio Perfect Hydrating Cushion Foundation
For my favorite cushion foundation, MAC Studio Perfect Hydrating Cushion won. This is only exclusive to Asian market and not sure if this would make it to North American any time soon. I have not been a MAC foundation fan as I find the coverage is always so high and makes my skin look super cakey. But this hydrating cushion foundation is a totally different story. Coverage is medium and it still gives skin a healthy natural glow. I got this in the shade N18 which suits me in the winter time. For the full review, go to this blog post.

This Japanese drug-store brand eyeshadow palette is amazing. The pigmentation is great and so easy to blend. I got this from Yesstyle.com as well and this is kind of pricey for a drug-store brand (CAD $32) but I find I can use all 4 shades unlike other palettes which I only pick a shade or two to use and have to go to other palettes to find other shades. 

This is not the shade of blush I would usually go for. It is duo blush and one is bright yellow and the other is orange. This duo blush can be used blended or separately. I have only used this blended to create the most beautiful coral peach shade. The pigmentation is great and it is so hard to find a blush that would stay on my cheeks on more than 4 hours and this one surpass my expectation. I love this so much that I am getting one in another shade.


Last but not least is my favorite sheet mask. This year, I started to do sheet masks every other night. I find together with the Korean 7-skin method, my skin is super hydrated and plump. So even though I don't use a heavy moisturizer in the cold winter months, my skin is still well-moisturized. JM Solution sheet masks are one of best finds this year. These are easily accessible here and they are affordable. They are around CAD $20 for 10 sheets and they are so rich in essence and your skin would thank you for pampering. Highly-recommend this brand.






No comments:

Post a Comment