Jul 2, 2019

First Glossier Haul & Review

I am probably the last ones to try the hyped Glossier products. I was contemplating on which products to try first and after reading reviews online, decided to try their concealer and cloud paint.

I love a good cream blush and from all the ones I have tried so far, it is either very liquid-y and doesn't stay on or it is very thick and it takes forever to blend out.


My first order from Glossier includes Stretch Concealer in shade G8 and two Cloud Paint in shades Dawn and Storm which are the two newest shades.



 From L to R: Stretch Concealer in G8
Cloud Paint in Storm
Cloud Paint in Dawn

The swatches of the Cloud Paint may be a bit intimidating. Since the cream blush comes in a little paint tube, be very careful to squeeze out product as there is really no control on how much it is going to dispense. From the above swatches, I only use a 1/8 pea size amount. 


My bare face


Stretch Concealer in G8

The Stretch Concealer comes in a pot. It has a very creamy texture.I picked the shade G8 which is described as medium neutral shade. I was going to pick a lighter shade for my under eye but thought I would mostly use this to cover minor blemishes so I picked a shade closer to my skin tone. 



The concealer has a very light coverage. It glides on like butter so you can guess the texture and coverage. I applied concealer on my left side of the face(right side on the above picture), covering dark circles and blemishes. If you have a lot of redness and major blemishes, I wouldn't recommend using this. It also has a luminizing texture which I like. Not to a point to greasiness but give my skin some life.


Cloud Paint in Storm

This is the amount I squeezed out of the tube and this is too much already for both my cheeks.


I dotted the cloud paint onto my cheeks and this is too much product for my preference already. This is incredibly easy to blend out using just my fingers. But if you are clumpsy like me, I would recommend using a dense blush brush to blend it out so you wouldn't get the product onto your clothing.


After blending


I use a beauty blender and this brush to sheer it out. Even though it is a lot more product than I would like, it is still easy to "fix" by dabbing the excess off.


Cloud Paint in Dawn


Once again, too much product and I find it extremely hard to get the right amount from the tube.


This is how much blush I got on my cheeks with the few dots of product. Again, I had to use my beauty blender and brush to dab off excess.


After blending out, it looks so natural. I always like the natural flush of color on my cheeks, just like after you have worked out. The Glossier cloud paint definitely can achieve that look. Just remember a little goes a long way and you only need a tiny tiny bit. 

This is my first online order with Glossier and I am in Canada. I am super impressed with the customer service and how fast I received my order. It only took 2 business days and they ship free with orders over CAD $40. They ship by UPS and package comes right to my front door.

I would definitely order some more products from Glossier to try. Have you tried their products? If you haven't and would like to, here is my link to get 10% off your first order(and I would get $10 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment